Octave as a COM client

Toto2
Hello,

I am wondering if I can use Octave as a COM client to connect to other windows software and how. Does anybody now?

Toto

Re: Octave as a COM client

PhilipNienhuis
Toto2 wrote
Hello,

I am wondering if I can use Octave as a COM client to connect to other windows software and how. Does anybody now?
You mean, like connecting to Octave from e.g., Excel?
I don't think that is possible. Not just like that in any case.

The other way round works using the OF Windows package.

Philip

Re: Octave as a COM client

Toto2
ok, Octave forge Window package, I get it. Well, I need to be Octave the client, not the server :((

Thanks

Toto

PhilipNienhuis [via Octave] <[hidden email]> schrieb am 19:07 Freitag, 8.Juli 2016:

Toto2 wrote
Hello,

I am wondering if I can use Octave as a COM client to connect to other windows software and how. Does anybody now?
You mean, like connecting to Octave from e.g., Excel?
I don't think that is possible. Not just like that in any case.

The other way round works using the OF Windows package.

Philip

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-as-a-COM-client-tp4678328p4678333.html
To unsubscribe from Octave as a COM client, click here.
NAML

Re: Octave as a COM client

Andreas Weber-6

i haven't used it but looking at http://octave.sourceforge.net/windows/overview.html it looks like octave can act as COM Client