Octave doesnt work

OSCAR ADRIAN REGALADO RAMIREZ
I instaled the program 3 times and its doesnt open, dont say anything its just dont do anything

Re: Octave doesnt work

Doug Stewart-4

On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 9:43 AM OSCAR ADRIAN REGALADO RAMIREZ <[hidden email]> wrote:
I instaled the program 3 times and its doesnt open, dont say anything its just dont do anything

You should tell us more.
What OS ?
What version of octave?

How did you install it?
What command did you use to try and run octave?

--
DASCertificate for 206392

Re: Octave doesnt work

nrjank
On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 9:42 AM OSCAR ADRIAN REGALADO RAMIREZ
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I instaled the program 3 times and its doesnt open, dont say anything its just dont do anything

Are you using Windows? If so, we've noticed that some people have
security settings that keep the program from starting.  What is your
computer using for Antivirus (McAfee? Norton/Symantec? Avast?  built
in Windows Defender?)

One possibility:  to run the program using the default shortcuts you
must be able to run the octave.vbs program. if your system is blocking
.vbs programs, you'll get either an error message or 'nothing', and
that depends a lot on what is blocking the vbs program.

We just completed a long troubleshooting effort finding the problem
with one user's setup here:
https://octave.discourse.group/t/octave-cli-and-gui-does-not-open-from-desktop-shortcut-after-installation-on-ms-windows-10/112/26
and here
https://superuser.com/questions/1579906/vbs-script-execution-blocked-on-windows-10

maybe some of the same steps will help you locate the issue with your
setup. We're looking at changing this in future versions of octave
since lack of security has made user system configurations so
unpredictable.

Here's a quick check - there's an octave.bat file that can also start
the program.  It's located under ../mingw64/bin/octave.bat

if you run that file, does octave start?

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I instaled the program 3 times and its doesnt open, dont say anything its just dont do anything

Sorry, I should have also included the following link where we've been
trying to summarize some of the windows issues:
https://wiki.octave.org/FAQ#Octave_does_not_start