Octave failing to compile (default branch)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Octave failing to compile (default branch)

José Abílio Matos
After updating the code to the latest commit I get this:

config.status: creating liboctave/mk-version-h.sh-tmp
config.status: executing liboctave/mk-version-h.sh commands
  GEN      libinterp/builtin-defun-decls.h
  CXX      libinterp/dldfcn/audiodevinfo_la-audiodevinfo.lo
In file included from /home/jamatos/devel/octave/libinterp/octave-value/ov-
intx.h:42,
                 from /home/jamatos/devel/octave/libinterp/octave-value/ov-
int32.h:45,
                 from /home/jamatos/devel/octave/libinterp/dldfcn/
audiodevinfo.cc:49:
libinterp/corefcn/mxarray.h:58:21: error: ‘mxUNKNOWN_CLASS’ conflicts with a
previous declaration
   58 |   mxUNKNOWN_CLASS = 0,
      |                     ^
In file included from /home/jamatos/devel/octave/libinterp/octave-value/ov.h:
63,
                 from /home/jamatos/devel/octave/libinterp/corefcn/Cell.h:35,
                 from /home/jamatos/devel/octave/libinterp/dldfcn/
audiodevinfo.cc:43:
libinterp/corefcn/mxtypes.h:58:3: note: previous declaration ‘mxClassID
mxUNKNOWN_CLASS’
   58 |   mxUNKNOWN_CLASS = 0,
      |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /home/jamatos/devel/octave/libinterp/octave-value/ov-
intx.h:42,
                 from /home/jamatos/devel/octave/libinterp/octave-value/ov-
int32.h:45,
                 from /home/jamatos/devel/octave/libinterp/dldfcn/
audiodevinfo.cc:49:
libinterp/corefcn/mxarray.h:59:3: error: ‘mxCELL_CLASS’ conflicts with a
previous declaration
   59 |   mxCELL_CLASS,
      |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~

It fails also for other  files.

FWIW I using Fedora 31 (gcc 9.2.1).
--
José Matos



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Octave failing to compile (default branch)

mmuetzel
Am 22. Februar 2020 um 13:10 Uhr schrieb "José Abílio Matos":

> After updating the code to the latest commit I get this:
>
> config.status: creating liboctave/mk-version-h.sh-tmp
> config.status: executing liboctave/mk-version-h.sh commands
>   GEN      libinterp/builtin-defun-decls.h
>   CXX      libinterp/dldfcn/audiodevinfo_la-audiodevinfo.lo
> In file included from /home/jamatos/devel/octave/libinterp/octave-value/ov-
> intx.h:42,
>                  from /home/jamatos/devel/octave/libinterp/octave-value/ov-
> int32.h:45,
>                  from /home/jamatos/devel/octave/libinterp/dldfcn/
> audiodevinfo.cc:49:
> libinterp/corefcn/mxarray.h:58:21: error: ‘mxUNKNOWN_CLASS’ conflicts with a
> previous declaration
>    58 |   mxUNKNOWN_CLASS = 0,
>       |                     ^
> In file included from /home/jamatos/devel/octave/libinterp/octave-value/ov.h:
> 63,
>                  from /home/jamatos/devel/octave/libinterp/corefcn/Cell.h:35,
>                  from /home/jamatos/devel/octave/libinterp/dldfcn/
> audiodevinfo.cc:43:
> libinterp/corefcn/mxtypes.h:58:3: note: previous declaration ‘mxClassID
> mxUNKNOWN_CLASS’
>    58 |   mxUNKNOWN_CLASS = 0,
>       |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> In file included from /home/jamatos/devel/octave/libinterp/octave-value/ov-
> intx.h:42,
>                  from /home/jamatos/devel/octave/libinterp/octave-value/ov-
> int32.h:45,
>                  from /home/jamatos/devel/octave/libinterp/dldfcn/
> audiodevinfo.cc:49:
> libinterp/corefcn/mxarray.h:59:3: error: ‘mxCELL_CLASS’ conflicts with a
> previous declaration
>    59 |   mxCELL_CLASS,
>       |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> It fails also for other  files.
>
> FWIW I using Fedora 31 (gcc 9.2.1).
> --
> José Matos

Try with a clean repository. Or if you are building out of tree, delete the build tree and try again.

Markus

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Octave failing to compile (default branch)

Torsten Lilge
In reply to this post by José Abílio Matos
On Sat, 2020-02-22 at 12:10 +0000, José Abílio Matos wrote:

> After updating the code to the latest commit I get this:
>
> config.status: creating liboctave/mk-version-h.sh-tmp
> config.status: executing liboctave/mk-version-h.sh commands
>   GEN      libinterp/builtin-defun-decls.h
>   CXX      libinterp/dldfcn/audiodevinfo_la-audiodevinfo.lo
> In file included from /home/jamatos/devel/octave/libinterp/octave-
> value/ov-
> intx.h:42,
>                  from /home/jamatos/devel/octave/libinterp/octave-
> value/ov-
> int32.h:45,
>                  from /home/jamatos/devel/octave/libinterp/dldfcn/
> audiodevinfo.cc:49:
> libinterp/corefcn/mxarray.h:58:21: error: ‘mxUNKNOWN_CLASS’ conflicts
> with a
> previous declaration
>    58 |   mxUNKNOWN_CLASS = 0,
>       |                     ^
> In file included from /home/jamatos/devel/octave/libinterp/octave-
> value/ov.h:
> 63,
>                  from
> /home/jamatos/devel/octave/libinterp/corefcn/Cell.h:35,
>                  from /home/jamatos/devel/octave/libinterp/dldfcn/
> audiodevinfo.cc:43:
> libinterp/corefcn/mxtypes.h:58:3: note: previous declaration
> ‘mxClassID
> mxUNKNOWN_CLASS’
>    58 |   mxUNKNOWN_CLASS = 0,
>       |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> In file included from /home/jamatos/devel/octave/libinterp/octave-
> value/ov-
> intx.h:42,
>                  from /home/jamatos/devel/octave/libinterp/octave-
> value/ov-
> int32.h:45,
>                  from /home/jamatos/devel/octave/libinterp/dldfcn/
> audiodevinfo.cc:49:
> libinterp/corefcn/mxarray.h:59:3: error: ‘mxCELL_CLASS’ conflicts with
> a
> previous declaration
>    59 |   mxCELL_CLASS,
>       |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> It fails also for other  files.
>
> FWIW I using Fedora 31 (gcc 9.2.1).

I had the same issue. Whereas a "make distclean" did not help, removing
the .build directory followed by bootstrap, configure and make was
successful.

Torsten



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Octave failing to compile (default branch)

José Abílio Matos
In reply to this post by mmuetzel
On Saturday, 22 February 2020 12.26.41 WET Markus Mützel wrote:
> Try with a clean repository. Or if you are building out of tree, delete the
> build tree and try again.
>
> Markus

I am building it out of tree and after deleting the directory and rebuilding
it again it worked. :-)

Thank you,
--
José Matos



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Octave failing to compile (default branch)

José Abílio Matos
In reply to this post by Torsten Lilge
On Saturday, 22 February 2020 12.34.38 WET Torsten Lilge wrote:
> I had the same issue. Whereas a "make distclean" did not help, removing
> the .build directory followed by bootstrap, configure and make was
> successful.
>
> Torsten

Building it outside I did not need the bootstrap step for it to work. :-)

Thank you,
--
José Matos