Octave gnulib update?

Mike Miller
All,

Should we refresh our gnulib-hg repository before the 4.0 release? Seems
like as good a time as any to do a periodic sync to stay current. I
don't know whether there are any important fixes, but Octave does build
for me with the latest gnulib.

Re: Octave gnulib update?

On 02/19/2015 01:30 AM, Mike Miller wrote:
> All,
>
> Should we refresh our gnulib-hg repository before the 4.0 release? Seems
> like as good a time as any to do a periodic sync to stay current. I
> don't know whether there are any important fixes, but Octave does build
> for me with the latest gnulib.

Seems reasonable to me.

Re: Octave gnulib update?

Mike Miller
On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 01:57:29 -0500, John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 02/19/2015 01:30 AM, Mike Miller wrote:
> >All,
> >
> >Should we refresh our gnulib-hg repository before the 4.0 release? Seems
> >like as good a time as any to do a periodic sync to stay current. I
> >don't know whether there are any important fixes, but Octave does build
> >for me with the latest gnulib.
>
> Seems reasonable to me.

How do we do this again?

I thought it was

  cd gnulib-hg
  hg pull http://hg.octave.org/gnulib
  hg update master
  cd ..
  hg commit

but that mirror does not seem to be up to date.

Re: Octave gnulib update?

On 02/21/2015 04:55 PM, Mike Miller wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 01:57:29 -0500, John W. Eaton wrote:
>> On 02/19/2015 01:30 AM, Mike Miller wrote:
>>> All,
>>>
>>> Should we refresh our gnulib-hg repository before the 4.0 release? Seems
>>> like as good a time as any to do a periodic sync to stay current. I
>>> don't know whether there are any important fixes, but Octave does build
>>> for me with the latest gnulib.
>>
>> Seems reasonable to me.
>
> How do we do this again?
>
> I thought it was
>
>    cd gnulib-hg
>    hg pull http://hg.octave.org/gnulib
>    hg update master
>    cd ..
>    hg commit
>
> but that mirror does not seem to be up to date.

I logged in to hg.octave.org and updated it by hand.  I'm not sure why
it was out of date.  Maybe the cron job was failing for some reason?

I updated my local copy and am trying a build to see what happens.  If
it works, I'll push the update to savannah.

Re: Octave gnulib update?

Daniel Sebald
On 02/21/2015 03:55 PM, Mike Miller wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 01:57:29 -0500, John W. Eaton wrote:
>> On 02/19/2015 01:30 AM, Mike Miller wrote:
>>> All,
>>>
>>> Should we refresh our gnulib-hg repository before the 4.0 release? Seems
>>> like as good a time as any to do a periodic sync to stay current. I
>>> don't know whether there are any important fixes, but Octave does build
>>> for me with the latest gnulib.
>>
>> Seems reasonable to me.
>
> How do we do this again?
>
> I thought it was
>
>    cd gnulib-hg
>    hg pull http://hg.octave.org/gnulib
>    hg update master
>    cd ..
>    hg commit
>
> but that mirror does not seem to be up to date.

Mercurial keeps the original clone address in the .hg/hgrc file:

[paths]
default = http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/gnulib-hg

What I typically do is keep a canonical resident copy of Octave, and
when I want to try something experimental, I clone that resident copy
then change the path to the remote location.  That saves a lot of time
and network traffic.

Dan