Octave installation problem under Windows98/Cygwin32.

Octave installation problem under Windows98/Cygwin32.

Pierre Roux
I have installed octave and Cygwin32 from binaries on windows98. I
followed instructions from
ftp://ftp.che.wisc.edu/pub/octave/BINARIES/gnu-win32/README.gnu-win32-instal

My problem is that when I run Octave from the bash shell it runs only
once. Then if I exit octave and try to run it again, nothing happens,
I just immediately get a new shell prompt (octave is not launched).

If I run it in a new bash shell it does not work either. For
octave to run again I need to restart my computer.

Does anyone had to face this problem ?

     Pierre Roux

Octave installation problem under Windows98/Cygwin32.

John W. Eaton-6
On 24-May-1999, Pierre Roux <[hidden email]> wrote:

| I have installed octave and Cygwin32 from binaries on windows98. I
| followed instructions from
| ftp://ftp.che.wisc.edu/pub/octave/BINARIES/gnu-win32/README.gnu-win32-instal
|
| My problem is that when I run Octave from the bash shell it runs only
| once. Then if I exit octave and try to run it again, nothing happens,
| I just immediately get a new shell prompt (octave is not launched).
|
| If I run it in a new bash shell it does not work either. For
| octave to run again I need to restart my computer.
|
| Does anyone had to face this problem ?

You are the first that I know of to report this problem.  What version
of the Cygnus library did you install?  People have reported that the
b20 release of the tools work better than the b19 release.

Please, can anyone else say whether this is or is not a problem for
them?