Octave on Alpha Linux

Habibie-2
Can anyone please tell me if the current release octave has been ported to an
Alpha Linux platform?  If so, is it a 64-bit octave binary and where can I
download the 64-bit octave binary for the Alpha Linux platform?

Thanks.

Re: Octave on Alpha Linux

Jim Van Zandt-2

Habibie <[hidden email]> writes:

   Can anyone please tell me if the current release octave has been
   ported to an Alpha Linux platform?  If so, is it a 64-bit octave
   binary and where can I download the 64-bit octave binary for the
   Alpha Linux platform?

Here are the "stable" and "unstable" Debian packages:

debian/dists/stable/main/binary-alpha/math/octave_2.0.13.95-1.deb
debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-alpha/math/octave_2.0.14-1.deb

These can be found at ftp.debian.org, or any mirror thereof.

If you don't have a Debian system, you can unpack a .deb with ar.
Or, of course, upgrade to Debian :-)

                - Jim Van Zandt

RE: Octave on Alpha Linux

Habibie-2
>===== Original Message From Jim Van Zandt <[hidden email]> =====
>Habibie <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>   Can anyone please tell me if the current release octave has been
>   ported to an Alpha Linux platform?  If so, is it a 64-bit octave
>   binary and where can I download the 64-bit octave binary for the
>   Alpha Linux platform?
>
>Here are the "stable" and "unstable" Debian packages:
>
>debian/dists/stable/main/binary-alpha/math/octave_2.0.13.95-1.deb
>debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-alpha/math/octave_2.0.14-1.deb
>
>These can be found at ftp.debian.org, or any mirror thereof.
>
>If you don't have a Debian system, you can unpack a .deb with ar.
>Or, of course, upgrade to Debian :-)
>
> - Jim Van Zandt

Jim,

Thank you very much for the pointer and help.  I certainly will download a
copy of it.

RE: Octave on Alpha Linux

Jonathan M Hill
Hello;

    I am using the RPM for RedHat Linux on my PC andf have been
very lucky with it.  I have not tried the port for Alpha, but you
should be able to find it here...

ftp://rawhide.redhat.com/powertools/alpha/

The file that you want is...

octave-2.0.14-1.alpha.rpm

                                         Jonathan Hill
                                         [hidden email]