Octave package installation on Apple M1

sshah
I have installed Octave 6.2.0 to run on an Apple M1 machine (Big Sur 11.2.3)
using Homebrew.  Initially, I had Rosetta2 version of octave
(/usr/local/bin/octave) and packages (control, parallel, struct) installed
(~/octave).  Now Native version of Octave has become available on Homebrew
(/opt/homebrew/bin/octave).

I am trying to find a good way to install and manage the native code
versions of the packages while keeping the Rosetta2 versions alive.

Has any one successfully installed octave packages control, parallel and
struct in native mode on M1?

In .octaverc, I currently have

  if strcmp(uname().machine,'arm64')
   pkg prefix ~/octave-arm64 ~/octave-arm64
else
 pkg load control struct parallel   % for Rosetta2 packages
endif

When I tried
   > pkg prefix ~/octave-arm64 ~/octave-arm64

It still shows the Rosetta2 versions packages in (~/octave) in pkg list when
I run octave in native mode.

What are my different options to install native mode packages while not
loose the Rosetta2 versions.

How best to I manage this?

Thanks.