Octave participation in Google Summer of Code

Octave participation in Google Summer of Code

Nir Krakauer-3
I can lead the application again [1], unless someone else wants to volunteer.

Who would like to be a co-admin for the program (we need 2-5 people)?

Also, if you have previously proposed/mentored a GSoC project or have a new topic to propose, now is the time to update the Wiki [2].

Nir

GSoC: call for mentors

Nir Krakauer-3
Dear all,

Octave is participating as a mentor organization again in this year's Google Summer of Code [1]! Student applications will be due by April 9.

We need volunteers, first to decide which students to take on, and then to be main or backup mentors for accepted projects.

If you are willing to be involved this year, please reply to my address and I'll give you the details.

Also, if you have previously mentored or have a prospective project in mind, please update the Projects page in our wiki [2] so that students will know what's available.

Thanks,

Nir

[1] https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations
[2] https://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas