Octave

David Whitaker-2

I have installed the binary distribution of Octave 2.0.13 for NT using bash
following the installation instructions.  It seems to run fine, except I
cannnot use matrices which are 8 by 8 or larger.  I get "broken pipe"
messages for a command like  X=ones(8,8).  It works Ok for X=ones(7,8).

I cannot see where the size limits are in the manual, but it seems my
version is restricted to quite small matrices.   Is this usual?

thnks Dave Whitaker

Octave

John W. Eaton-6
On 13-Aug-1998, David Whitaker <[hidden email]> wrote:

| I have installed the binary distribution of Octave 2.0.13 for NT using bash
| following the installation instructions.  It seems to run fine, except I
| cannnot use matrices which are 8 by 8 or larger.  I get "broken pipe"
| messages for a command like  X=ones(8,8).  It works Ok for X=ones(7,8).
|
| I cannot see where the size limits are in the manual, but it seems my
| version is restricted to quite small matrices.   Is this usual?

What are the values of the built-in variables PAGER and
page_screen_output in Octave?  Do you have a copy of the program named
by the PAGER variable installed on your system somewhere in Octave's
EXEC_PATH?

As a quick workaround, you should be able to set page_screen_output = 0.

jwe