Octave through WWW and GPlot question

W. Jarrett Campbell
First I want to thank everyone who offered help with the WWW question I
asked a couple of weeks ago.  It turned out that it was indeed a
permissions problem (one of my m-files was not world readable).  Anyway, if
you'd like to see the finished product, it is at
http://www.che.utexas.edu/cgi-bin/pilot.cgi

My question now is how to size the image.  gplot gives me a 640x480 pixel
image.  I tried using the "set size .5,.5" command but size has a different
connotation in Octave.  Someone suggested "gset" but that doesn't work
either.  Any help would be appreciated.

Jarrett

Octave through WWW and GPlot question

John W. Eaton-6
On  4-Dec-1997, W. Jarrett Campbell <[hidden email]> wrote:

| My question now is how to size the image.  gplot gives me a 640x480 pixel
| image.  I tried using the "set size .5,.5" command but size has a different
| connotation in Octave.  Someone suggested "gset" but that doesn't work
| either.  Any help would be appreciated.

What version of Octave and gnuplot are you using?  gset size 0.5,0.5
seems to work correctly for me with the current release of Octave.

If there is a bug in the current release, please send a complete bug
report to [hidden email].  Just saying that it doesn't
work won't help anyone fix the problem.

RE: Octave through WWW and GPlot question

Ted.Harding
On 04-Dec-97 John W. Eaton wrote:

> On  4-Dec-1997, W. Jarrett Campbell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>| My question now is how to size the image.  gplot gives me a 640x480 pixel
>| image.  I tried using the "set size .5,.5" command but size has a different
>| connotation in Octave.  Someone suggested "gset" but that doesn't work
>| either.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> What version of Octave and gnuplot are you using?  gset size 0.5,0.5
> seems to work correctly for me with the current release of Octave.
>
> If there is a bug in the current release, please send a complete bug
> report to [hidden email].  Just saying that it doesn't
> work won't help anyone fix the problem.
>
> Thanks,
>
> jwe

I think he's really asking how he can change the size of the gnuplot X window.

If that's the case, then setting gnuplot_binary on startup should do it, e.g.

gnuplot_binary="gnuplot -geometry 700x700"

(and any other X11 options needed).

The problem of setting the aspect-ratio of the actual *plot* (i.e. the relative
lengths of the axes) in gnuplot is, however, a notorious tough nut.

Hope this helps,
Ted.

E-Mail: Ted Harding <[hidden email]>
Date: 04-Dec-97                                       Time: 19:41:25