Octave version 0.74 released

John Eaton-3
Octave version 0.74 is now available for ftp from ftp.che.utexas.edu
in the directory /pub/octave.  Compressed and gzipped tar files are
available, as are diffs relative to version 0.73.1.

This is primarily a bug-fixing release.  There is only one major new
feature:

  * Multiple assignment expressions are now allowed to take indices,
    so things like

      octave:13> [a([1,2],[3,4]), b([5,6],[7,8])] = lu ([1,2;3,4])

    will work correctly.

We are now distributing tar files with binaries included and currently
have versions available for DECstation, SPARCstation, and IBM RS/6000
systems.  If you would like to volunteer to make binaries available
for other systems, please contact [hidden email].

To save space, the binary distributions no longer contain the full
source for Octave, but the full source is still available on
ftp.che.utexas.edu.

Octave's Texinfo documentation is far from complete, but has been
included in this distribution anyway.  Comments on the organization
and layout of the manual are welcome, as are any additions and
corrections.  If you are interested in working on the manual, please
contact [hidden email].

John W. Eaton      | Among other things, we have added the missing semicolon.
[hidden email] |                   -- Jim Blandy, announcing Emacs 19.15.