Official Octave 4.0 before the start of the new academic year?

Official Octave 4.0 before the start of the new academic year?

José Luis García Pallero
Hello,

next academic course I'll teach an introductory course on
Octave/Matlab. Most all of the students use MS Windows, so they are in
general reluctant to use the command line. Thus it's very important to
have a GUI. I've tried the windows version for the 3.8.1 release and
it works fine. But, is planned the official Octave 4.0 version before
the start of the next academic year, i. e., before september-october?

Thanks

José Luis García Pallero
[hidden email]
(o<
/ / \
V_/_
Use Debian GNU/Linux and enjoy!

Re: Official Octave 4.0 before the start of the new academic year?

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso-2
On Wed, 2014-06-11 at 12:00 +0200, José Luis García Pallero wrote:
> But, is planned the official Octave 4.0 version before
> the start of the next academic year, i. e., before september-october?

There are no plans, only hopes and dreams.

- Jordi G. H.