Online Developer Meeting - Tuesday June 9, 2020 @ 17:00 UTC

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Online Developer Meeting - Tuesday June 9, 2020 @ 17:00 UTC

John W. Eaton
Administrator
Join us for a semi-formal meeting of Octave developers next Tuesday June
9 at 17:00 UTC.  If I'm getting the time zones right, that is 10:00
Pacific / 13:00 Eastern in the US and 19:00 in Central Europe.

I intend to use the FSF instance of Jitsi for the meeting and will post
a URL to the IRC channel and this mailing list an hour or so before the
meeting begins.

We'll mostly be discussing future directions of development and getting
updates about activities from people working on core Octave and packages.

This meeting is open to anyone with an interest in Octave development.
It is not intended to be a support forum.

jwe

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Online Developer Meeting - Tuesday June 9, 2020 @ 17:00 UTC

John W. Eaton
Administrator
On 6/3/20 3:12 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

> Join us for a semi-formal meeting of Octave developers next Tuesday June
> 9 at 17:00 UTC.  If I'm getting the time zones right, that is 10:00
> Pacific / 13:00 Eastern in the US and 19:00 in Central Europe.
>
> I intend to use the FSF instance of Jitsi for the meeting and will post
> a URL to the IRC channel and this mailing list an hour or so before the
> meeting begins.
>
> We'll mostly be discussing future directions of development and getting
> updates about activities from people working on core Octave and packages.
>
> This meeting is open to anyone with an interest in Octave development.
> It is not intended to be a support forum.

I've set up a meeting at

   https://meet.jit.si/octave-dev-2020-06-09

(Yes, it's not the FSF jitsi instance that I was was planning to use --
I'm having some login issues there, so I'm switching to this one instead.)

We'll start a little less than an hour from now at 17:00 UTC and I plan
to have the meeting run for an hour.  I know that Carnë has something to
present for 5-10 minutes and I can talk briefly about the delay in
releasing version 6.  We'll also reserve some time at the end for
discussion and questions.

If you would like to present some info, please try to keep it short and
plan on no more than 5 minutes with a few more for questions.

We don't know how many people might join.  If there are technical issues
I'll take it as a learning experience.

Please mute your microphone if you are not speaking.

Thanks,

jwe

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Online Developer Meeting - Tuesday June 9, 2020 @ 17:00 UTC

Doug Stewart-4


On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 12:14 PM John W. Eaton <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 6/3/20 3:12 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
> Join us for a semi-formal meeting of Octave developers next Tuesday June
> 9 at 17:00 UTC.  If I'm getting the time zones right, that is 10:00
> Pacific / 13:00 Eastern in the US and 19:00 in Central Europe.
>
> I intend to use the FSF instance of Jitsi for the meeting and will post
> a URL to the IRC channel and this mailing list an hour or so before the
> meeting begins.
>
> We'll mostly be discussing future directions of development and getting
> updates about activities from people working on core Octave and packages.
>
> This meeting is open to anyone with an interest in Octave development.
> It is not intended to be a support forum.

I've set up a meeting at

   https://meet.jit.si/octave-dev-2020-06-09

(Yes, it's not the FSF jitsi instance that I was was planning to use --
I'm having some login issues there, so I'm switching to this one instead.)

We'll start a little less than an hour from now at 17:00 UTC and I plan
to have the meeting run for an hour.  I know that Carnë has something to
present for 5-10 minutes and I can talk briefly about the delay in
releasing version 6.  We'll also reserve some time at the end for
discussion and questions.

If you would like to present some info, please try to keep it short and
plan on no more than 5 minutes with a few more for questions.

We don't know how many people might join.  If there are technical issues
I'll take it as a learning experience.

Please mute your microphone if you are not speaking.

Thanks,

jwe


I think the conference call went very well. We should have one every month.
JWE: I would vote to remove the slowdown on widows, and get the first version of octave 6 out there -- with the understanding that 6.2 should by ready soon (1 month).
I say this because there are usually some small fixups to do after the first release of a big change. This way we can see what shows up at this point and then do a good release latter. 
Doug 
--
DASCertificate for 206392