Oplot

Ole Jacob Hagen-3
Hi,

I am proud to announce that Oplot 0.1 have been released.
You can find Oplot at http://oplot.sourceforge.net.

Oplot is implemented by using Coin and Qt. To build  oplot, please read
the README file.
It is possible to create your own debian packages easily.

Oplot 0.1 supports "handle graphics" to some extent, it is not complete
yet.
But Oplot supports these objects:

Root, Figure, Axes, Line, Image.

Functions that are supported is:
axes, axis, get, set, gca, gcf, cla, clf, hold on/off, box('on'/'off'),
image, line, plot, contour, print, subplot, xlabel, ylabel, title.

you can manipulate objects in this way:

h = line;
ho = get(h) // will list out all properties to a line object.
ho.<TAB> gives you a list with a "code-completion" of your line properties.

Similar behaviour to root = get(0), f = get(gcf), ax  = get(gca), im =
get(image)

xlabels, ylabels, and title are "hidden" objects, but their handle
values can be collected by using:
get(gca,'xlabel'), get(gca,'ylabel'), get(gca,'title')

Check out the examples that are supplied in the source code.

Requires octave-forge routines imread and dispatch, and their dependencies.

Features:

* EPS/PS generation by vectorized graphics or pixel bitmapped graphics.
* Several figures are arranged in a tabbed window.
* image in truecolor
* line with different linestyles, and markers.
* text objects with different fonts, fontsizes and rotations...
* can set cameraposition, projection, cameratarget, and cameraupvector.
* manipulate axis  values

Features to come:

* create a gui property editor/viewer
* better EPS/PS generation
* better algorithm for cameraposition
* logarithmic axes
* better marker implementation
* create Patch and Surface object
* axis control by viewing.
* Support volume rendering
* texture mappings
* Better font support, since some fonts are rendered as polygons.
* Work on a Win32 version using Qt-4 (which are non-commercial and
compatible with GPL)

Suggestions and improvements can be sent to our mailinglist located at
Bugs are reported here
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=73257&atid=537255 .

More developers are wanted.

Both m-coders, and c++ coders.

Cheers,

Ole J.

Re: Oplot

Jonathan Stickel
Ole Jacob Hagen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am proud to announce that Oplot 0.1 have been released.
> You can find Oplot at http://oplot.sourceforge.net.
>
> Oplot is implemented by using Coin and Qt.

Would it be possible to use VTK instead of Coin?  It might be possible,
then, to port much of Octaviz to Oplot.

> More developers are wanted.
>
> Both m-coders, and c++ coders.

If VTK/Octaviz inclusion is feasible, I would be interested in helping.

Jonathan

Re: Oplot

Ole Jacob Hagen-3
Hi, Jonathan.

I have decided to use Qt and Coin, especially  Coin  since the
Coin-developers are very active on the mailinglist, to help developers.
I've even visited their office here in Norway, since they are located at
the same place as I'm living. ;-) They are very skillfull, and has an
usable answer to every question, so to speak. ;-)

Jonathan Stickel wrote:

> Would it be possible to use VTK instead of Coin?  It might be
> possible, then, to port much of Octaviz to Oplot.

If you thinking of using VTK in Oplot, my answer is no.
If you talking about making a VTK variant of Oplot, then my answer is
"of course it is possible".
VTK looks pretty in 3D, since the API is more developed than Coin. But
Coin is coming around with their SIMVoleon-library (GPL'ed). SIMVoleon
is a volume rendering library, that is quite awesome.

VTK/Octaviz inclusion is not feasible, I guess.

But I could use a little help on controlling the viewport, viewvolume
depending on cameraposition, cameratarget, cameraupvector. That would be
terrific.

Making a 3D axis system as seen on qwtplot3D (http://qwtplot3d.sf.net)
and matlab is also wanted.

Cheers,