Performance test

Francesco Faccio-2
Dear all,

I did some performance test on the current implementation of ode15i and published in the blog:

http://gsoc2016ode15s.blogspot.it/

You can find a comparison between oct-file, mex-file, Matlab m-file and a C implementation of the examples.

Regards,

Francesco

Re: Performance test

Carlo de Falco-2

On 1 Aug 2016, at 12:08, Francesco Faccio <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I did some performance test on the current implementation of ode15i and published in the blog:
>
> http://gsoc2016ode15s.blogspot.it/
>
> You can find a comparison between oct-file, mex-file, Matlab m-file and a C implementation of the examples.
>
> Regards,
>
> Francesco

Thanks Francesco,

Well done, the results seem very promising!

Performance benchmarking is a very delicate matter though,
it is good practice to make sure anyone can reproduce the
tests and check them.

Therefore I would reccommend you prepare a new post where
you attach the code you used and give detailed instructions
to let anyone run the same tests on his own machine.

c.

Re: Performance test

Carlo de Falco-2

On 1 Aug 2016, at 12:25, Carlo de Falco <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 1 Aug 2016, at 12:08, Francesco Faccio <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I did some performance test on the current implementation of ode15i and published in the blog:
>>
>> http://gsoc2016ode15s.blogspot.it/
>>
>> You can find a comparison between oct-file, mex-file, Matlab m-file and a C implementation of the examples.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Francesco
>
> Thanks Francesco,
>
> Well done, the results seem very promising!
>
> Performance benchmarking is a very delicate matter though,
> it is good practice to make sure anyone can reproduce the
> tests and check them.
>
> Therefore I would reccommend you prepare a new post where
> you attach the code you used and give detailed instructions
> to let anyone run the same tests on his own machine.

Francesco,

Any progress with this how-to post in the last two weeks?
Can you at least share the raw sources you used for benchmarking?

c.

Re: Performance test

Francesco Faccio-2

Carlo de Falco <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Any progress with this how-to post in the last two weeks?

Dear Carlo,

I made a post with a little guide for replicating my test. Since I changed the interface of ode15i, I made some new and more extended test and posted a link to a folder with the scripts.

Now we can compare also the case when the Jacobian is constant and is passed as a cell array as full matrix or in CCS.

You can find all here:

On 15 Aug 2016, at 08:05, Francesco Faccio <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Carlo,
>
> I made a post with a little guide for replicating my test. Since I changed the interface of ode15i, I made some new and more extended test and posted a link to a folder with the scripts.
>
> Now we can compare also the case when the Jacobian is constant and is passed as a cell array as full matrix or in CCS.
>
> You can find all here:
> http://gsoc2016ode15s.blogspot.it/
>

> Francesco

Great!