Problem with 'Display' 'iter' when using 'fminunc'

Problem with 'Display' 'iter' when using 'fminunc'

JS77
Hello,

I would like to display informations about the iterations when using 'fminunc'. I have writen :

options = optimset('GradObj','on','display','iter')
[g] = fminunc(@(c)(F(c)),c0,options);

but when I run the code, nothing is displayed. My version of Octave is 3.8.1.

Thanks for your help !

Re: Problem with 'Display' 'iter' when using 'fminunc'

Mike Miller
On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 02:51:21 -0800, JS77 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to display informations about the iterations when using
> 'fminunc'. I have writen :
>
> options = optimset('GradObj','on','display','iter')
> [g]     = fminunc(@(c)(F(c)),c0,options);
>
> but when I run the code, nothing is displayed. My version of Octave is
> 3.8.1.

Yes, it looks to me like fminbnd and fminsearch handle the Display
option, but fminunc does not yet.

You should probably report a bug [1] if you would like to see this
fixed in Octave, and even better if you are able to contribute a fix
to properly handle this option.

[1] http://www.octave.org/bugs