Problem with building mex file

duanchao
I am trying to build .mex from .c.

I got the following error:
error: CPU you selected does not support x86-64 instruction set

My Operation system is win-7 64bit. I installed the MinGW nuwen distribution. I tried octave 3.8.4 and 4.00. Both encountered this problem.

I googled this error. It seems that it is caused by the flags passed to gcc. How can I solve this problem?

Many thanks.

RE: Problem with building mex file

JohnD
> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 05:05:18 -0700 (PDT)
> From: duanchao <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Problem with building mex file
>
> I am trying to build .mex from .c.
>
> I got the following error:
> error: CPU you selected does not support x86-64 instruction set
>
> My Operation system is win-7 64bit. I installed the MinGW nuwen
distribution. I
> tried octave 3.8.4 and 4.00. Both encountered this problem.
>
> I googled this error. It seems that it is caused by the flags passed to
gcc.
> How can I solve this problem?
>
> Many thanks.

A couple of questions
1. how did you install octave? Ie: installer, built yourself etc and from
where?
2. how are you trying to create the mex file?

If using one of the prebuilt installers, you should not need to install
mingw as it is included in the installer