Problem with continuation lines on octave 6 and 7

Problem with continuation lines on octave 6 and 7

José Abílio Matos
I found a problem with continuation lines on octave 6 and 7:

>> c = ['1 2 3 ', ...
'4 5 6']
c =

1 2 3
4 5 6

while in octave 5 I get the expected:

>> c = ['1 2 3 ', ...
'4 5 6']
c = 1 2 3 4 5 6

Is this known? Should I fill a bug report?

Best regards,
--
José Matos

Re: Problem with continuation lines on octave 6 and 7

Mike Miller-4
On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 14:59:41 +0000, José Abílio Matos wrote:

> I found a problem with continuation lines on octave 6 and 7:
>
> >> c = ['1 2 3 ', ...
> '4 5 6']
> c =
>
> 1 2 3
> 4 5 6
>
> while in octave 5 I get the expected:

> '4 5 6']
> c = 1 2 3 4 5 6
>
> Is this known? Should I fill a bug report?
I hadn't seen this before, and I can confirm the regression. Yes, please
open a bug report. Fortunately, it only affects input on the command
line, scripts are not affected.

Done: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?57859

--
José Matos