Programming on Octave

DURY Bastien

Hello,

I am doing some program for a company and I am searching for tips to make my program more easy to use.

The first thing I want to do is to open a window with windows explorer to search a file to open (for the program not to search for the m file). Is it possible ?

Best regards

Bastien Dury

Re: Programming on Octave

siko1056
On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 2:30 PM DURY Bastien <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

I am doing some program for a company and I am searching for tips to make my program more easy to use.

The first thing I want to do is to open a window with windows explorer to search a file to open (for the program not to search for the m file). Is it possible ?

Best regards

Bastien Dury

Are you looking for a file-chooser?  Try "uigetfile()" https://octave.org/doc/v4.4.1/XREFuigetfile.html and for some nice examples https://wiki.octave.org/Uicontrols .

Best,
Kai

RE: Programming on Octave

DURY Bastien

Yes exactly ! That is very cool thank you very much I could not find anything on the web !

I have another question for you...

I a using a xlswrite function in my program to export a matrix in excel but it always tells me "error: 'r_extnd' undefined" when I want to run it.

Do you know what I need to do ?

I am using this script : xlswrite('Measures.xslm', Results);

With Results that is a 8x3 matrix...

Best regards

Bastien

RE: Programming on Octave

PhilipNienhuis
DURY Bastien wrote
> Yes exactly ! That is very cool thank you very much I could not find
> anything on the web !
>
> I have another question for you...
>
> I a using a xlswrite function in my program to export a matrix in excel
> but it always tells me "error: 'r_extnd' undefined" when I want to run it.
>
> Do you know what I need to do ?

Sure, upgrade the io package.
In octave type;

more off
pkg uninstall -nodeps io
pkg install -verbose -forge io

Philip

Re: Programming on Octave

Andreas Weber-6
Am 24.01.19 um 14:49 schrieb Kai Torben Ohlhus:
> ... and for some nice
> examples https://wiki.octave.org/Uicontrols .

I've lost track on the new uicontrols which were added to Octave 5.0 but
I think we should update the second demo (for example: add uitable) when
5.0 is released.

-- Andy