Progress Report: Symbolic Project

Abhinav Tripathi
Hi,
I have posted 2 blog posts with "Timeline and goals" and "Progress Report for work done till now".
.
Would you two like to give some feedback as to how effectively we could cover the first goal of timeline:
30th May Work on adding the sym conversion to PyTave and cleaning up the conversion mechanism in Symbolic.
.
Looking on the midterm goals (posted on octave wiki as well as on the blog), I feel we have acheived most part of 1 a) through d) and also 2 a) [I hope so]. Is something left?
As 2b) and 2c) state, to increase test coverage for pytave. I saw that almost all basic functions have a test for them (in python). Do we have to get more specific test cases? Some clarification would be good.
.
Also the next phase of timeline states: 15th June Improve tests and doctests. Work on building PyTave and testing on Windows. No more crufty XML!
I guess we have already gotten rid of the XML part (haven't we?)
.
So, should we now focus on tests? (for pytave and also symbolic). Or do we have to get some other conversion stuff cleared up before that?
.
Abhinav

Re: Progress Report: Symbolic Project

Colin Macdonald-2
On 31/05/16 11:34, Abhinav Tripathi wrote:
> I have posted 2 blog posts with "Timeline and goals
> <https://genuinelucifer.wordpress.com/2016/05/31/timeline-and-goals-for-the-project/>"
> and "Progress Report for work done till now
> <https://genuinelucifer.wordpress.com/2016/05/31/progress-report-31st-may-2016/>".

A minor point, but this is not the "Official Blog – Octave Symbolic
Package".  Its your blog.

Colin

Re: Progress Report: Symbolic Project

Colin Macdonald-2