Project Report till 1st August 2016 (Today) -- Symbolic Project - GSoC 2016

Project Report till 1st August 2016 (Today) -- Symbolic Project - GSoC 2016

Abhinav Tripathi
Hi,
Sorry for the extreme delay in posting the blog. I have posted the blog with all the work that's been done in the past month. It can be read at:
https://genuinelucifer.wordpress.com/2016/08/01/project-report-1st-august-2016/
.
Also, I have made a wiki page about building pytave on windows (also mentioned in the blog) which can be read here:
I may have missed something. Maybe Tatsuro can edit it if it is missing anything.
.
Regards,
Abhinav

Re: Project Report till 1st August 2016 (Today) -- Symbolic Project - GSoC 2016

Colin Macdonald-2
On 01/08/16 11:09, Abhinav Tripathi wrote:
> https://genuinelucifer.wordpress.com/2016/08/01/project-report-1st-august-2016/

Thanks Abhinav, I posted a comment on your blog to say how happy I am
with how Pytave is turning out.

Colin

Re: Project Report till 1st August 2016 (Today) -- Symbolic Project - GSoC 2016

tmacchant

>Sorry for the extreme delay in posting the blog. I have posted the blog with all the work that's been done in the past month. It can be read at:
>https://genuinelucifer.wordpress.com/2016/08/01/project-report-1st-august-2016/
>
>.
>Also, I have made a wiki page about building pytave on windows (also mentioned in the blog) which can be read here:
>http://wiki.octave.org/User_talk:Genuinelucifer#Building_Pytave_on_windows
>
>I may have missed something. Maybe Tatsuro can edit it if it is missing anything.
>.
>Regards,
>Abhinav

I have committed the Wiki.
Please see and edit it or give comments here.

Tatsuro

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 6:40 PM, Tatsuro MATSUOKA <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have committed the Wiki.
Please see and edit it or give comments here.

Tatsuro

Hi,
Sorry I couldn't read it thoroughly earlier. I just did a minor change.
I changed the following (important change in bold letters):
-------------------------
At this moment building of boost-python with 64 bit tool chain fails at final link stage. Using 32 bit octave 4.1.0+ for windows build of boost_python was successful.
So far octave-4.1.0+ 32 bit has been used.
------------------------
To become this:
------------------------
At this moment building of boost-python with 64 bit tool chain fails at final link stage. So far octave-4.1.0+ 64 bit was used. From this point we shifted to using 32 bit octave. Using 32 bit octave 4.1.0+ for windows build of boost_python was successful.
-----------------------

It seemed to me that this was a little confusing as we started using 32 bit octave only after this point as the build failed for 64 bit octave.

Thanks for the changes that you made. :)

Colin Macdonald <[hidden email]> Wrote:
Thanks Abhinav, I posted a comment on your blog to say how happy I am with how Pytave is turning out.

Thanks, I read the comment. Sorry for not replying sooner. Also, about checking the performance gains with pytave. I guess we already have some numbers about vpa and sym. I will try to get the figures for other functions too after we update the tests in symbolic to cope with the latest changes in pytave.
.
Abhinav

On 03/08/16 02:24, Abhinav Tripathi wrote:
> I will try to get the figures for other functions too after we
> update the tests in symbolic to cope with the latest changes in pytave.

Sounds great!  Even just rough numbers for how long the tests take could
be interesting.

Colin