Qucs and GSoC

jwamba
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Qucs and GSoC

Juan Pablo Carbajal-2
On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 1:27 AM, John Wamba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all, my name is John Wamba and I am a Computer Engineering student at
> Cal Poly Pomona.  I am interested in participation in the Google summer of
> code with Octave.  I am particularly interested in the Qucs circuit
> simulator package.  I have a few questions about the application process,
> first I would like to know how I would demonstrate that I have successfully
> compiled octave on my computer?  I am running openSUSE 13.1 and have Octave
> installed from my distro's repository (version 3.6.4) and compiled the
> version from the mercurial repository (version 4.1.0) to a specific
> directory.  Can I just take a screen shot of the two separate versions
> running side by side and submit that with my application?  Also, I would
> like to have some feedback on my public application at
> http://wiki.octave.org/User:Jwamba to help me submit a successful
> application.  Any help or feedback will be much appreciated.
>
> Thank you
> ~John Wamba

Hi John,

We take your word that you have compiled Octave, we are all adult people here.
What would e awesome is that you try to work on some short project,
submit patches and that we can look at your code.
http://wiki.octave.org/Short_projects
http://wiki.octave.org/Projects
http://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas

Re: Qucs and GSoC

Juan Pablo Carbajal-2
On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 11:16 AM, Juan Pablo Carbajal
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 1:27 AM, John Wamba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello all, my name is John Wamba and I am a Computer Engineering student at
>> Cal Poly Pomona.  I am interested in participation in the Google summer of
>> code with Octave.  I am particularly interested in the Qucs circuit
>> simulator package.  I have a few questions about the application process,
>> first I would like to know how I would demonstrate that I have successfully
>> compiled octave on my computer?  I am running openSUSE 13.1 and have Octave
>> installed from my distro's repository (version 3.6.4) and compiled the
>> version from the mercurial repository (version 4.1.0) to a specific
>> directory.  Can I just take a screen shot of the two separate versions
>> running side by side and submit that with my application?  Also, I would
>> like to have some feedback on my public application at
>> http://wiki.octave.org/User:Jwamba to help me submit a successful
>> application.  Any help or feedback will be much appreciated.
>>
>> Thank you
>> ~John Wamba
>
> Hi John,
>
> We take your word that you have compiled Octave, we are all adult people here.
> What would e awesome is that you try to work on some short project,
> submit patches and that we can look at your code.
> http://wiki.octave.org/Short_projects
> http://wiki.octave.org/Projects
> http://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas

Oh, John and join the IRC channel before working on patches, cause
some of those have been already worked out (also check the tracker)
https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?group=octave

Re: Qucs and GSoC

Richard Crozier
On 18/03/2014 00:27, John Wamba wrote:

> Hello all, my name is John Wamba and I am a Computer Engineering student
> at Cal Poly Pomona.  I am interested in participation in the Google
> summer of code with Octave.  I am particularly interested in the Qucs
> circuit simulator package.  I have a few questions about the application
> process, first I would like to know how I would demonstrate that I have
> successfully compiled octave on my computer?  I am running openSUSE 13.1
> and have Octave installed from my distro's repository (version 3.6.4)
> and compiled the version from the mercurial repository (version 4.1.0)
> to a specific directory.  Can I just take a screen shot of the two
> separate versions running side by side and submit that with my
> application?  Also, I would like to have some feedback on my public
> application at http://wiki.octave.org/User:Jwamba to help me submit a
> successful application.  Any help or feedback will be much appreciated.
>
> Thank you
> ~John Wamba

Hi John,

I am the writer of the Qucs proposal.

Due to a recent change in my work commitments it seems I simply won't be
able to definitely commit the time required for being a mentor this year
when GScC actually starts. This is unfortunate as I would really have
liked to get this work done on the project.

If you can find someone else who could act as the main mentor I could
act as backup, but I don't think anyone else will have the same interest
in the project as me. Most of the time I am likely to be able to provide
the level of support needed, but if things go wrong or there are
problems I can no longer say I will definitely be available for help
during the entire project.

Apologies for this,

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

Re: Qucs and GSoC