Question

gerardo mauro
Hello,

I have a question. Is it possible to develop a webpage or app that uses Octave? If yes, how?

Thank you and best regards,
gerardo

--
Gerardo Maria Mauro, PhD
Università degli Studi del Sannio - Benevento

Editor of the Special Issue "Sustainable Building Retrofit and Energy Optimization"
Journal: Sustainability MDPI

Re: Question

Octave - General mailing list

On 28/01/2020 12:03, gerardo mauro wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a question. Is it possible to develop a webpage or app that
> uses Octave? If yes, how?
>
> Thank you and best regards,
> gerardo

You might be interested to start from https://octave-online.net/ ,
https://github.com/octave-online/octave-online-server .

--Sergei.

Re: Question

GoSim
Yes, I have done it and I am working on my 2nd program using this concept.
Subprocess it, it means that you run octave from your app. Have m-files
ready or make it secret with stdin and m-files as strings in your app, you
can create separate files with parameters that the user set and that your
octave mscripts access.

You can autocreate the whole m-file or just autocreate the parameter part.

It's seamless and pro level. Only negative part is that m-scripts are slow
in comparison to compiled code if your are doing large calculations, but
there are so many tools in octave which gives a lot of possibilities.

Re: Question

Ian McCallion
On Tue, 28 Jan 2020 at 17:37, GoSim <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, I have done it and I am working on my 2nd program using this concept.
> Subprocess it, it means that you run octave from your app. Have m-files
> ready or make it secret with stdin and m-files as strings in your app, you
> can create separate files with parameters that the user set and that your
> octave mscripts access.
>
> You can autocreate the whole m-file or just autocreate the parameter part.
>
> It's seamless and pro level. Only negative part is that m-scripts are slow
> in comparison to compiled code if your are doing large calculations, but
> there are so many tools in octave which gives a lot of possibilities.

This message seems very bad form for two reasons:
1. You do not quote the question.
2. You do not give the slightest detail on what you did, so how can
    anyone judge whether it is what they need and how could anyone
    follow in your footsteps?

Cheers... Ian

Re: Question

GoSim
Ian McCallion wrote
> On Tue, 28 Jan 2020 at 17:37, GoSim &lt;

> GoSim@

> &gt; wrote:
>>
>> Yes, I have done it and I am working on my 2nd program using this
>> concept.
>> Subprocess it, it means that you run octave from your app. Have m-files
>> ready or make it secret with stdin and m-files as strings in your app,
>> you
>> can create separate files with parameters that the user set and that your
>> octave mscripts access.
>>
>> You can autocreate the whole m-file or just autocreate the parameter
>> part.
>>
>> It's seamless and pro level. Only negative part is that m-scripts are
>> slow
>> in comparison to compiled code if your are doing large calculations, but
>> there are so many tools in octave which gives a lot of possibilities.
>
> This message seems very bad form for two reasons:
> 1. You do not quote the question.
> 2. You do not give the slightest detail on what you did, so how can
>     anyone judge whether it is what they need and how could anyone
>     follow in your footsteps?
>
> Cheers... Ian

1. i used nabble to answer where it is clear who I answered
2. his question was very general so I answered generally, if he wants
details he can ask about that