Quick question

Etienne Grossmann-3

  Hello,

  in src/parse.(y|cc) (lines 3268/4817), I see the following
construct, and I don't quite understand what it does :

octave_value_list
feval (const octave_value_list& args, int nargout)
{
 ... function body? ...
}

  Can anyone shed me some light?

  Tia,

  Etienne

Quick question

John W. Eaton-6
On 27-Oct-2000, Etienne Grossmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

|   Hello,
|
|   in src/parse.(y|cc) (lines 3268/4817), I see the following
| construct, and I don't quite understand what it does :
|
| ======================================================================
| octave_value_list
| feval (const octave_value_list& args, int nargout)
| {
|  ... function body? ...
| }
| ======================================================================
|
|   Can anyone shed me some light?

I added this comment:

// Evaluate an Octave function (built-in or interpreted) and return
// the list of result values.  The first element of ARGS should be a
// string containing the name of the function to call, then the rest
// are the actual arguments to the function.  NARGOUT is the number of
// output arguments expected.

www.octave.org/octave | Thanking you in advance.  This sounds as if the
www.che.wisc.edu/~jwe | writer meant, "It will not be worth my while to
                      | write to you again."        -- Strunk and White

Re: Quick question

Etienne Grossmann-4
  Thank you for the answer, and thank you for the patch too (currently
being compiled).

  Another question, to which I fear the answer is no :

  Is it possible to convert all_va_args to a list and vice-versa?

  Etienne