RC1 candidate

Rik-4
jwe,

The big memory leak with the graphics system has been addressed, and
running 'make check' under ASAN shows only minimal leaks--mostly through
putenv which is an understood mechanism.

The last issue I would address before a release candidate is bug #55501.
You will probably need to lend a hand on this one since it involves csets
related to refactoring the symbol table.

After that report is resolved I think we should produce a release
candidate.  At his point, we need to get more testing of the build system
on different platforms and configurations which is only possible by
extending the circle trying Octave 5.0 beyond the followers of the
Maintainer's List.

On that note, I started task #13 "Verify build process and create release
candidates" by verifying that "make distcheck" runs successfully.

--Rik

Re: RC1 candidate

Mike Miller-4
On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 10:01:43 -0800, Rik wrote:
> On that note, I started task #13 "Verify build process and create release
> candidates" by verifying that "make distcheck" runs successfully.

Can we please move "Update libtool versioning" to before the release
candidate stage? It would be really helpful for distros to start
packaging release candidates with the correct library sonames and API
version strings that the final release will use.