Re: Dicom package / isdicom function: Carnë, please read

Re: Dicom package / isdicom function: Carnë, please read

andy buckle
On 19 September 2012 17:26, adam aitkenhead <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Andy,
>
> I've attached an updated version of the isdicom function which can now check
> a list of files (in a cell array) in one go, which is much quicker than
> checking each file separately.  Again, no rush for releasing a new version
> of the toolbox - just some changes I was making for my own code anyway.
>
> Also on a different note, I've written functions which read/write the
> Analyze format, giving functions equivalent to Matlab's analyze75info and
> analyze75read.  Would you rather keep the Dicom toolbox purely for the Dicom
> format, or are you interested in expanding it to become a general Medical
> File Format toolbox?  No worries if not, just thought I'd see what you
> thought before I see where else they could fit into Octave-forge.
>
> Adam
>
>> Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 14:57:29 +0100
>
>> Subject: Re: [OctDev] Dicom package / isdicom function
>> From: [hidden email]
>> To: [hidden email]
>>
>> > I have access to Matlab too, and it recognises the non-standard DICOM
>> > file.
>> > (Just to note, although I have tested the ML behaviour for a some test
>> > files, I didn't use Matlab as a basis for the code.)
>>
>> Excellent. That is the way to do it. We are careful about copyright.
>>
>> Andy

Carnë - can Adam get write permission for the svn repo? He has work to
do (see below ;)

Adam - do you have a sf.net account? Could you get a checkout and commit a fix?

I have committed isdicom.m. I added a couple of tests. It agrees with
me that I have a DICOM file. When I throw non-dicom files at it, it
grumbles.

> isdicom ../dcm_examples/RD.15MV.DCM
ans =  1
> isdicom dicomdict.h
warning: fopen: file found in load path
error: READ_dicom_dict: A(I): index out of bounds; value 1 out of bound 0
error: called from:
error:   /home/andy/octave-forge/extra/dicom/inst/isdicom.m at line
123, column 19
error:   /home/andy/octave-forge/extra/dicom/inst/isdicom.m at line
72, column 14

--
/* andy buckle */

Re: Dicom package / isdicom function: Carnë, please read

Carnë Draug-2
On 25 September 2012 21:23, Andy Buckle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 19 September 2012 17:26, adam aitkenhead <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Andy,
>>
>> I've attached an updated version of the isdicom function which can now check
>> a list of files (in a cell array) in one go, which is much quicker than
>> checking each file separately.  Again, no rush for releasing a new version
>> of the toolbox - just some changes I was making for my own code anyway.
>>
>> Also on a different note, I've written functions which read/write the
>> Analyze format, giving functions equivalent to Matlab's analyze75info and
>> analyze75read.  Would you rather keep the Dicom toolbox purely for the Dicom
>> format, or are you interested in expanding it to become a general Medical
>> File Format toolbox?  No worries if not, just thought I'd see what you
>> thought before I see where else they could fit into Octave-forge.
>>
>> Adam
>>
>>> Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 14:57:29 +0100
>>
>>> Subject: Re: [OctDev] Dicom package / isdicom function
>>> From: [hidden email]
>>> To: [hidden email]

>>> Excellent. That is the way to do it. We are careful about copyright.
>>>
>>> Andy
>
> Carnë - can Adam get write permission for the svn repo? He has work to
> do (see below ;)
>
> Adam - do you have a sf.net account? Could you get a checkout and commit a fix?
>
> I have committed isdicom.m. I added a couple of tests.

You didn't. Your last commit only changes makefile

Carnë

On 25 September 2012 20:40, Carnë Draug <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 25 September 2012 21:23, Andy Buckle <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 19 September 2012 17:26, adam aitkenhead <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Andy,
>>>
>>> I've attached an updated version of the isdicom function which can now check
>>> a list of files (in a cell array) in one go, which is much quicker than
>>> checking each file separately.  Again, no rush for releasing a new version
>>> of the toolbox - just some changes I was making for my own code anyway.
>>>
>>> Also on a different note, I've written functions which read/write the
>>> Analyze format, giving functions equivalent to Matlab's analyze75info and
>>> analyze75read.  Would you rather keep the Dicom toolbox purely for the Dicom
>>> format, or are you interested in expanding it to become a general Medical
>>> File Format toolbox?  No worries if not, just thought I'd see what you
>>> thought before I see where else they could fit into Octave-forge.
>>>
>>> Adam

>> Carnë - can Adam get write permission for the svn repo? He has work to
>> do (see below ;)
>>
>> Adam - do you have a sf.net account? Could you get a checkout and commit a fix?
>>
>> I have committed isdicom.m. I added a couple of tests.
>
> You didn't. Your last commit only changes makefile
>
> Carnë

oops ... svn add ... tries again

Thanks Carnë
--
/* andy buckle */

Re: Dicom package / isdicom function: Carnë, please read

adama
> Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 22:45:34 +0100
> Subject: Re: [OctDev] Dicom package / isdicom function: Carnë, please read

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> CC: [hidden email]; [hidden email]
>
> On 25 September 2012 20:40, Carnë Draug <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >> Carnë - can Adam get write permission for the svn repo? He has work to
> >> do (see below ;)
> >>
> >> Adam - do you have a sf.net account? Could you get a checkout and commit a fix?
> >>
> >> I have committed isdicom.m. I added a couple of tests.
> >
> > You didn't. Your last commit only changes makefile
> >
> > Carnë
>
> oops ... svn add ... tries again
>
> Thanks Carnë
> --
> /* andy buckle */

Yup, I'm on sourceforge -  adam78a

On 26 September 2012 11:18, adam aitkenhead <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 22:45:34 +0100
>> Subject: Re: [OctDev] Dicom package / isdicom function: Carnë, please read
>> From: [hidden email]
>> To: [hidden email]
>> CC: [hidden email]; [hidden email]

> Yup, I'm on sourceforge -  adam78a

Done. You should have commit access now.

Carnë

Re: Dicom package / isdicom function: Carnë, please read

adama
> From: [hidden email]

> Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 12:10:06 +0200
> Subject: Re: [OctDev] Dicom package / isdicom function: Carnë, please read
> To: [hidden email]
> CC: [hidden email]; [hidden email]
>
> On 26 September 2012 11:18, adam aitkenhead <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 22:45:34 +0100
> >> Subject: Re: [OctDev] Dicom package / isdicom function: Carnë, please read
> >> From: [hidden email]
> >> To: [hidden email]
> >> CC: [hidden email]; [hidden email]

> > Yup, I'm on sourceforge - adam78a
>
> Done. You should have commit access now.
>
> Carnë

Just committed the updated version of isdicom.