Re: ERROR in Pi Number

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ERROR in Pi Number

bpabbott
Administrator

> On Jul 20, 2016, at 12:46, Ariel Gonzalez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello...
>
> Am sorry to say you that pi that you're using has an error. I would say that pi was maliciously manipulated by an international academic elite of mobsters with very dark purposes.
>
> pi = 3.141592654... is an error.
> pi = 3.144605511... is the correct value for pi.

Or maybe not.

http://www.piday.org/million/

Ben
_______________________________________________
Help-octave mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/help-octave
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: ERROR in Pi Number

Allen.Windhorn-2
Ben,

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Help-octave <[hidden email]>
> > On Jul 20, 2016, at 12:46, Ariel Gonzalez <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Am sorry to say you that pi that you're using has an error. I would say
> that pi was maliciously manipulated by an international academic elite of
> mobsters with very dark purposes.
> >
> > pi = 3.141592654... is an error.
> > pi = 3.144605511... is the correct value for pi.
>
> Or maybe not.
>
> http://www.piday.org/million/

Are you sure?  Did you count them?  :-)

I just use 3 myself, saves trouble.

Regards,
Allen

_______________________________________________
Help-octave mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/help-octave
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ERROR in Pi Number

nrjank
On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 4:31 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ben,

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Help-octave <[hidden email]>
> > On Jul 20, 2016, at 12:46, Ariel Gonzalez <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Am sorry to say you that pi that you're using has an error. I would say
> that pi was maliciously manipulated by an international academic elite of
> mobsters with very dark purposes.
> >
> > pi = 3.141592654... is an error.
> > pi = <a href="tel:3.144605511" value="+13144605511" target="_blank">3.144605511... is the correct value for pi.
>
> Or maybe not.
>
> http://www.piday.org/million/

Are you sure?  Did you count them?  :-)

I just use 3 myself, saves trouble.

Regards,
Allen


Hold on everyone, I think we need to hear this out. Allen, your assumption has a critical problem, the number is smaller. The obvious benefit of Ariel's version is that it is larger.

More pi is always better.  Always.

Ready for dessert,
Nick J.

_______________________________________________
Help-octave mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/help-octave
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ERROR in Pi Number

Sebastian Schöps
In reply to this post by bpabbott
bpabbott wrote
> pi = 3.144605511... is the correct value for pi.
I agree pi is wrong! We should use tau [1].

Sebastian

[1] http://tauday.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ERROR in Pi Number

Montgomery-Smith, Stephen
In reply to this post by bpabbott
On 07/20/2016 11:46 AM, Ariel Gonzalez wrote:

> Hello...
>
> Am sorry to say you that pi that you're using has an error. I would
> say that pi was maliciously manipulated by an international academic
> elite of mobsters with very dark purposes.
>
> pi = 3.141592654... is an error.
> pi = 3.144605511... is the correct value for pi.
>
> There is a number that is called the golden ratio of the creation, its
> name is phi and its value is:
>
> phi = (1+5^(1/2))/2 = 1.61803398...
>
> This number (phi) is derived from a series that is embodied in all the
> creation, the Fibonacci Series:
>
> 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377, 610, 987,
> 1597, 2584, 4181, 6765, 10946, 17711, 28657, 46368, 75025, 121393,
> 196418, 317811, ...
>
> Example:
> 317811/196418 = 1.618033989...  that is approximate to the value of
> (1+5^(1/2))/2 = 1.61803398...
>
> The true value of pi is:
>
> pi = 4/phi^(1/2) = 3.144605511...
>
> The math we're using needs a total overhaul. For example there is
> another constant that is maliciously maladjusted "e = 2.718281828..."
> which is an error.
>
> Based on the math derived from Fibonacci series and the golden ratio
> of creation, the true value of "e" should be:
>
> e = 1+phi = phi^2 = 2.61803398...
>
> and
>
> phi = (1+5^(1/2))/2 = 1.61803398...
>
> With that new value for "e" the logarithmic scale and trigonometric
> function can be rectified, so they can engage with the true value of
> pi = 3.144605511...
>
> sin(x) = (e^i*x - e^-i*x)/2i
>
> cos(x) = (e^i*x + e^-i*x)/2
>
> And with "e = 2.61803398..." the period of trigonometric function will
> close at "pi = 3.144605511..."
>
> Best Regards.

So pi is a root of the polynomial x^4 + 16x^2 - 256?  That is very cool!

Anyway, I computed e^{2 pi i} and I now have a new value for one.  It is
now approximately

1 = 0.97359798556427213238836949200052407509820171984711 -
 0.22826949534528557438749159854980776607742186808146 i
_______________________________________________
Help-octave mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/help-octave
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ERROR in Pi Number

Terry Duell
In reply to this post by bpabbott
Hello Ariel,

On Thu, 21 Jul 2016 02:46:48 +1000, Ariel Gonzalez  
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello...
>
> Am sorry to say you that pi that you're using has an error. I would say
> that pi was maliciously manipulated by an international academic elite
> of mobsters with very dark purposes.
>

This post arrived here with an 11.3MB attachment.
Not everyone receiving this list needs or wants the attachment.
attaching such a large file is bad etiquette.
In future please use a cloud service, Dropbox or similar, so only those  
that want the attachment can access it.

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell

_______________________________________________
Help-octave mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/help-octave
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ERROR in Pi Number

Sergei Steshenko
In reply to this post by bpabbott




----- Original Message -----

> From: Ariel Gonzalez <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 7:46 PM
> Subject: ERROR in Pi Number
>
> Hello...
>
> Am sorry to say you that pi that you're using has an error. I would say
> that pi was maliciously manipulated by an international academic elite
> of mobsters with very dark purposes.
>
> pi = 3.141592654... is an error.
> pi = 3.144605511... is the correct value for pi.
>
> There is a number that is called the golden ratio of the creation, its
> name is phi and its value is:
>
> phi = (1+5^(1/2))/2 = 1.61803398...
>
> This number (phi) is derived from a series that is embodied in all the
> creation, the Fibonacci Series:
>
> 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377, 610, 987, 1597,
> 2584, 4181, 6765, 10946, 17711, 28657, 46368, 75025, 121393, 196418,
> 317811, ...
>
> Example:
> 317811/196418 = 1.618033989...  that is approximate to the value of
> (1+5^(1/2))/2 = 1.61803398...
>
> The true value of pi is:
>
> pi = 4/phi^(1/2) = 3.144605511...
>
> The math we're using needs a total overhaul. For example there is
> another constant that is maliciously maladjusted "e = 2.718281828..."
> which is an error.
>
> Based on the math derived from Fibonacci series and the golden ratio of
> creation, the true value of "e" should be:
>
> e = 1+phi = phi^2 = 2.61803398...
>
> and
>
> phi = (1+5^(1/2))/2 = 1.61803398...
>
> With that new value for "e" the logarithmic scale and trigonometric
> function can be rectified, so they can engage with the true value of pi
> = 3.144605511...
>
> sin(x) = (e^i*x - e^-i*x)/2i
>
> cos(x) = (e^i*x + e^-i*x)/2
>
> And with "e = 2.61803398..." the period of trigonometric function will
>
> close at "pi = 3.144605511..."
>
> Best Regards.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Help-octave mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/help-octave

>



"
pi = 3.141592654... is an error.
pi = 3.144605511... is the correct value for pi.
"
- oh really. The definition of pi is that it's ratio of circumference to diameter. And the value was calculated as limits of perimeters of inscribed and circumscribed polygons for the same circle. So, before you claim the value of pi is wrong, find an error in the ancient proof of pi value.

--Sergei.

_______________________________________________
Help-octave mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/help-octave
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ERROR in Pi Number

Ericbarnhill
In reply to this post by bpabbott


Sent from ProtonMail, encrypted email based in Switzerland.

Am sorry to say you that pi that you're using has an error.
[...]
pi = 3.144605511... is the correct value for pi



_______________________________________________
Help-octave mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/help-octave
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ERROR in Pi Number

nrjank
On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 4:11 AM, Ericbarnhill <[hidden email]> wrote:




thanks to this wonderful thread I had a nice read about Euclidean geometry and squaring the circle.  Thanks Ariel!

_______________________________________________
Help-octave mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/help-octave