Re: GSOC 2020 Proposal

Benson Muite

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020, at 9:10 PM, Benson Muite wrote:

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020, at 10:15 AM, Atharva Dubey wrote:
Respected sir,
I have drafted a proposal. Please go through it and let me know your valuable feedback.
 Link -

Sincerely,
Atharva Dubey

Hi Atharva,

Some suggestions:
1) Use consistent capitalization for Octave.
2) May want to say something about your experience writing parallel code
3) Ask for feedback on the ML Pack list as well.
4) May want to indicate which items you would remove if do not have enough time.

Regards,
Benson

Further suggestions:
a) If you have implemented a machine learning algorithm, or done a machine learning project you may want to make this available online somewhere, for example in a code repository
b) Add links to your Github profile (links to profiles you have for other open source code repositories you have contributed to would also be useful)
c) May wish to solve some issue with either Octave or ML Pack, see for example:
within this, one thing might be improving Octave documentation https://wiki.octave.org/Projects
d) Try to help people on the Octave users list