Re: Going to start Octave Package Management.

Re: Going to start Octave Package Management.

Mike Miller-4
On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 15:38:41 -0500, Dildar Sk wrote:
> Sorry, I was ill since last few days. I think 'nix' package manager does
> almost every things this project want to accomplish. Can *we head towards
> that?

Hi Dildar,

Thanks for your continued interest in contributing to Octave. I’m
replying to your message on the Octave maintainers mailing list, please
use that list when you want to discuss Octave development, including
Google Summer of Code project ideas.

Can you expand more on your idea? Are you proposing a concrete project
to work on in Octave related to Nix packaging? Or are you suggesting
that Nix makes Octave’s own packaging system obsolete or irrelevant?

Cheers,