Re: Google Season of Docs

Rik-4
I think this would be a great idea.  Most of the Octave manual was written a long time ago, and while it hasn't gone out of date, it wouldn't hurt to re-read it and freshen it up.  Also, we have a format for documenting functions, but not all docstrings have been updated to use it.  Even simple things like adding @seealso crosslinks in the documentation between related functions would be an useful task.

--Rik

On 04/14/2020 09:00 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
Fwd: [GSoC Mentors] Google Season of Docs is now inviting organization applications
From:
Nicholas Jankowski [hidden email]
Date:
04/13/2020 01:46 PM
To:
octave-maintainers [hidden email]
Message:
1

See forwarded message below from GSOC regarding the Google Summer of Docs they started last(?) year.  I don't know if that's something that Octave would be interested in participating in.

"Season of Docs is a Google program that fosters collaboration between open source projects and technical writers. Details are on our website: g.co/seasonofdocs.  "

I see things ranging from beginner guides, to tutorials, to specific function documentation, to rescoping the full document set.