Re: Improve logm, sqrtm and funm

Marco Caliari-4
On Wed, 21 Oct 2015, Mudit Sharma wrote:

> Hi,
> I am Mudit a Junior year ECE undergrad from India.
> I would like to know more about the project:
> Improve logm,sqrtm and funm
> I have some brief idea about it as I was also going to participate for
> the same project this year but didn't.
> I providing my octave profile which contains a brief idea for the project.
> http://wiki.octave.org/User:Sharma94
> (See Your Task Section)

Dear Mudit,

I see from your profile that you would like to start with funm and later
move to sqrtm and logm. expm is not mentioned. On the other hand, I have
much more experience on that, it does not require C programming (I see you
consider yourself familiar with C/C++ but not with make, gcc, ...,
mercurial), there is already a free code to start with (right, Carnë? I'm
speaking about expm_new) and I personally consider it more useful than the
other matrix functions (although it would be nice to hear the opinion of
other maintainers/users). In case, would be it possible for you to start
with expm and later move to the other matrix functions?

Best regards,

Marco

Re: Improve logm, sqrtm and funm

Mudit Sharma
Hello,
I agree with the fact that expm is a more useful function than others.
I have no problems in starting with expm and then moving to other functions.
A starting code would be cherished!

Thanks!
Mudit