Re: List of most highly used matlab functions.

Re: List of most highly used matlab functions.

c.-2

On 29/lug/08, at 16:37, [hidden email] wrote:

> There does not appear to be a bvp4c implementation for Octave anyway.
> Anyone have something that might be used to write such a beast? Anyone
> want to take on the work of write any of these 5 functions?
>
> I have found few pointers to codes that might help:
>
> bvp Multi-point boundary value problem solver for Python
> http://www.elisanet.fi/ptvirtan/software/bvp/index.html
>
> bvode - boundary value problems for ODE
> http://www.afs.enea.it/software/scilab/scilab-usermanual-directory/nonlinear/bvode.htm
>
> and some explanations:
>
> http://www.scholarpedia.org/article/Boundary_value_problem
>
> eric.

Attached is a very naive initial implementation of bvp4c.
As it still needs a lot of work I would rather commit to octave-forge
for the moment,
where would it fit best? I would probably say into odepkg, any
objections if I commit it there?
c.

bvp4c.m (4K) Download Attachment

Re: [OctDev] List of most highly used matlab functions.

David Bateman-3
Carlo de Falco wrote:

> On 29/lug/08, at 16:37, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> There does not appear to be a bvp4c implementation for Octave anyway.
>> Anyone have something that might be used to write such a beast? Anyone
>> want to take on the work of write any of these 5 functions?
>>
>> I have found few pointers to codes that might help:
>>
>> bvp Multi-point boundary value problem solver for Python
>> http://www.elisanet.fi/ptvirtan/software/bvp/index.html
>>
>> bvode - boundary value problems for ODE
>> http://www.afs.enea.it/software/scilab/scilab-usermanual-directory/nonlinear/bvode.htm
>>

>> and some explanations:
>>
>> http://www.scholarpedia.org/article/Boundary_value_problem
>>
>> eric.
>

> Attached is a very naive initial implementation of bvp4c.
> As it still needs a lot of work I would rather commit to octave-forge
> for the moment,
> where would it fit best? I would probably say into odepkg, any
> objections if I commit it there?
> c.

Sure commit it to odepkg seems like a reasonable choice. Or maybe the
BIM package is another.

D.

Motorola Labs - Paris                        +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph)
Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin    +33 6 72 01 06 33 (Mob)
91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE                  +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax)

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary

On 05/set/08, at 13:43, David Bateman wrote:

> Sure commit it to odepkg

Done,
c.