Re: Where is info? (was Re: Installing Octave for Window

Re: Where is info? (was Re: Installing Octave for Window

Fletcher, John P
I am having problems with an existing B19/Octave installation

viz. octave is missing info.

> Date:          Wed, 12 May 1999 19:26:35 -0400 (EDT)
> To:            [hidden email]
> Subject:       Where is info? (was Re: Installing Octave for Windows 95)
> From:          Dirk Eddelbuettel <[hidden email]>

>   John>  Does B20 have info in it?
>
> Not sure. I might have taken it from somewhere else, maybe Octave's site.
> I can send you mine from work it you want ...
>
> --
> According to the latest figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless.

Thank you.

I am finding this rather tedious.  The octave distribution does not
have it, but octave needs it.  The B19 distribution doesn't have it.
Evweryone in Unix land just has it, so they don't notice it is
missing from the win32 world.

I have found a source distribution called texinfo which seems to have
it.  I couldn't find a distribution with just info.

John Fletcher

P.S. In my opinion 101% of installation instructions do not contain
sufficient information.  They assume information elsewhere, mainly in
the reader's head, because it is in the writer's head.

Dr John P. Fletcher          Tel: (44) 121 359 3611 ext 4625
Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry (CEAC),
Aston University,            Fax: (44) 121 359 4094
Aston Triangle,              Email: [hidden email]
BIRMINGHAM B4 7ET  U.K.
CEAC Web site http://www.ceac.aston.ac.uk/