Re: documentation of fortran functions available?

Re: documentation of fortran functions available?

Tom Goles
Hi,
I was just wandering if some documentation of fortran libraries which octave
uses (linpack, lapack, etc. - I guess all those nice functions that are
available in libcruft.a) exists somewhere on the net. If so could someone
please point me to that site? If not, is there a hard copy available and if
so how can one order it?
Thanks,
Tomislav Goles

Re: documentation of fortran functions available?

Jim Van Zandt
Tomislav Goles <[hidden email]> writes:

> I was just wandering if some documentation of fortran libraries which octave
> uses (linpack, lapack, etc. - I guess all those nice functions that are
> available in libcruft.a) exists somewhere on the net. If so could someone
> please point me to that site? If not, is there a hard copy available and if
> so how can one order it?

I have:

E. Anderson et al., LAPACK User's Guide, Society for Industrial and Applied
Mathematics, ISBN 0-89871-294-7 (1992).

There may be a more recent version around.

                          - Jim Van Zandt

Re: Re: documentation of fortran functions available?

Jonathan King-3

[hidden email] writes:
>Tomislav Goles <[hidden email]> writes:

[snip]

>>If not, is there a hard copy available and if
>> so how can one order it?
>
>I have:
>
>E. Anderson et al., LAPACK User's Guide, Society for Industrial and Applied
>Mathematics, ISBN 0-89871-294-7 (1992).
>
>There may be a more recent version around.

Indeed.  Our bookstore now stocks:

ISBN: 0-89871-345-5
Author: Anderson
Title: Lapack Users' Guide, 2Nd Edition
Publisher: Siam Society For Industrial
Binding: Paperback
Price: $28.50
Subject: Math Tools

Meanwhile, I'm sorry for the delay in providing a binary
distribution of octave2.0.9 for Irix6.2; my fondest hope is that I
might be able to get that distribution put together tonight. [My
excuse is that it's on a machine I don't generally have full access
to...]

jking