Re: [forge] secsXd repository and meta-repository (Marco Atzeri)

Re: [forge] secsXd repository and meta-repository (Marco Atzeri)

John Donoghue-3

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2020 07:26:21 +0100
> From: Marco Atzeri <[hidden email]>
> To: Octave Maintainers List <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [forge] secsXd repository and meta-repository
>
> Hi Carlo and forge maintainers,
>
> what's happened to the code repository for
>
> secs1d-0.1.0
> secs2d-0.0.9
> secs3d-0.0.1
>
> they are not in mercurial and neither in the git one.
>
> In addition the only external Homepage link is clearly broken
>
> secs2d -> http://www.comson.org/dem
>
> Carlo, do you have the code somewhere else ?
>

> In addition the page at
> https://octave.sourceforge.io/developers.php
>
> reports
>
> "Code
>
> The source code for each Octave Forge package is on its own individual
> mercurial or git repository. To clone all package repositories locally,
> we provide a meta-repository  octave-forge. "
>
> but the link in not valid;  I guess as there two different
> mercurial and git repositories
>
> Regards
> MArco

The packages are unmaintained and in 2016? were were merged into one
repo in mercurial [1]

There is at least one bug fix patch out there for secs2d to make it
installable in octave 4.0 [2]

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/secs/ci/default/tree/

[2] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?44803

Re: [forge] secsXd repository and meta-repository (Marco Atzeri)

marco atzeri-2
Am 12.01.2020 um 20:03 schrieb John Donoghue:

>> Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2020 07:26:21 +0100
>> From: Marco Atzeri
>> To: Octave Maintainers List
>> Subject: [forge] secsXd repository and meta-repository

> The packages are unmaintained and in 2016? were were merged into one
> repo in mercurial [1]
>

> There is at least one bug fix patch out there for secs2d to make it
> installable in octave 4.0 [2]
>

> [1] https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/secs/ci/default/tree/

thanks. It will be nice if the 3 hyperlinks align to it.

> [2] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?44803

I suspect my old source packages were already including it
as I had no problem in building the package.

I have instead problem on Octave 5.1 with secs1d
as "doc_cache_create" does not like the demos.
warning: doc_cache_create: unusable help text found in file 'secs1d_logplot'
parse error near line 116 of file
/cygdrive/d/cyg_pub/devel/octave-forge/arch/secs1d/octave-secs1d-0.1.1-0.1.noarch/inst/usr/share/octave/packages/secs1d-0.1.0/demos/thyristor_tran_noscale.m

   duplicate subfunction or nested function name

 >>> function fn = vbcs_1 (t);

the brutal workaround I am using building the cygwin packages
is to remove the "inst/demos" directory, installing and than
re-adding it.

Regards
Marco

Re: [forge] secsXd repository and meta-repository (Marco Atzeri)

marco atzeri-2
Am 12.01.2020 um 20:03 schrieb John Donoghue:

> There is at least one bug fix patch out there for secs2d to make it
> installable in octave 4.0 [2]
>

> [1] https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/secs/ci/default/tree/
>
> [2] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?44803

it requires also the replacement of spdiag

running the demo secs2d_demo_pndiode
show the problem