Re: help with m file

marco atzeri-2
Am 20.12.2018 um 18:38 schrieb whiffee:

> hi All,
>
> I made a couple of changes to this matlab file, but it's not
> running yet. Next to last line is original and not right. Does
> someone have a suggestion?
>
> function [p,dp,q,r,alp,dom,x,wint,wipr]=ex1(n)
> global n
> figure(1);title('Fourier equation, Dirichlet problem: -u"=lambda*u,
> u(0)=u(1)=0');hold on;
> disp('Fourier equation, Dirichlet problem: -u"=lambda*u, u(0)=u(1)=0');
> dom=[0,1];alpha=(dom(2)-dom(1))/2;beta=(dom(2)+dom(1))/2;
> e1=ones(n,1)/2;e2=e1;e2(2)=1;X=spdiags([e1,e2],[-1,1],n,n);
> X=alpha*X+beta*eye(size (n));
> p=1;
> dp=0;
> q=0;
> r=1;
> alp=[1,0;1,0];
> [x,wint]=pd(n,dom);
> wipr=ones(n,1);
>
> thanks,
> whiffee

What you mean as Matlab file ? It is something you wrote for Matlab
and you are trying to run on Octave ?

What is the error ?
As it clearly miss the end of the function it is difficult to
replicate your problem.
Be a bit more descriptive of your effort, or are you expecting
we magically understand what you want to do ?

---

Re: help with m file

whiffee
I posted prematurely, sorry. The file quoted comes from a package called
LSEig, which behaves well if treated properly.

whiffee

Re: help with m file

marco atzeri-2
Am 21.12.2018 um 18:47 schrieb whiffee:
> I posted prematurely, sorry. The file quoted comes from a package called
> LSEig, which behaves well if treated properly.
>
> whiffee

What is the License of this software ?
It is a proprietary one ? If so we should not touch it.

Regards
Marco

---

Re: help with m file

marco atzeri-2
Am 21.12.2018 um 19:31 schrieb Marco Atzeri:

> Am 21.12.2018 um 18:47 schrieb whiffee:
>> I posted prematurely, sorry. The file quoted comes from a package called
>> LSEig, which behaves well if treated properly.
>>
>> whiffee
>>

> What is the License of this software ?
> It is a proprietary one ? If so we should not touch it.
>
> Regards
> Marco

The original License allows use, modification and distribution.

https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/8689-lisceig-1-0#license_modal

Someone knows if Matlab put additional restrictions on the software
downloaded by their site ?

---

Re: help with m file

apjanke-floss

On 12/21/18 1:44 PM, Marco Atzeri wrote:

> Am 21.12.2018 um 19:31 schrieb Marco Atzeri:
>> Am 21.12.2018 um 18:47 schrieb whiffee:
>>> I posted prematurely, sorry. The file quoted comes from a package
>>> called
>>> LSEig, which behaves well if treated properly.
>>>
>>> whiffee
>>>

>> What is the License of this software ?
>> It is a proprietary one ? If so we should not touch it.
>>
>> Regards
>> Marco
>>

> The original License allows use, modification and distribution.
>
> https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/8689-lisceig-1-0#license_modal
>

> Someone knows if Matlab put additional restrictions on the software
> downloaded by their site ?

Everything on MathWorks File Exchange is BSD 2-Clause licensed, by
MathWorks' requirement.
So this should be fine to use.

Cheers,
Andrew

Re: help with m file

Carlo de Falco-2

> On 21 Dec 2018, at 20:27, Andrew Janke <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On 12/21/18 1:44 PM, Marco Atzeri wrote:

>>> What is the License of this software ?
>>> It is a proprietary one ? If so we should not touch it.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Marco
>>>

>> The original License allows use, modification and distribution.
>>
>> https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/8689-lisceig-1-0#license_modal
>>

>> Someone knows if Matlab put additional restrictions on the software
>> downloaded by their site ?
>>
> Everything on MathWorks File Exchange is BSD 2-Clause licensed, by
> MathWorks' requirement.
> So this should be fine to use.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrew

In addition to the software license you should also look at the terms of use of the file exchange website, IIRC that says somewher that software downloaded from there can only be used in Matlab ...
c.