Re: indexing operations in 2.1.39

Paul Kienzle-2
On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 09:50:25AM -0500, Andy Adler wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, John W. Eaton wrote:
>
> > On  4-Nov-2002, Andy Adler <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > | I have got sparse to work correctly by adding the method:
> > |
> > | octave_value_list
> > | octave_sparse::subsref (const std::string type,
> > |                         const SLList<octave_value_list>& idx,
> > |                         int nargout)
> > | { return do_multi_index_op( nargout, idx.front()); }
> >
> > Does your do_multi_index_op function really use nargout?  If so, when
> > is it used?
>
> No, Nargout is not required, but it doesn't work, unless
> I use the the subsref method with the nargout parameter.
>
> I think that for user defined types, the multi_index_op is
> always called.
>
> Thanks for the example. I've added something like this.
>
> Also, I'm very happy with 2.1.39. I especially like the
> fact that Dynamic loading works for cygwin out of the box!

I've been finding that my ME box gives a stream of complaints any time
I run an external program after opening an oct file.  Like reading a
long help doc (which calls the pager) after calling min(1).  I haven't
recompiled lately, so this is not a bug report, but has anyone else
seen this behaviour?

- Paul