Re: "Update libtool versioning"task

Rik-4
On 01/20/2019 09:00 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
Re: RC1 candidate
From:
Mike Miller [hidden email]
Date:
01/19/2019 10:10 AM
To:
[hidden email]
Message:
2

On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 10:01:43 -0800, Rik wrote:
On that note, I started task #13 "Verify build process and create release
candidates" by verifying that "make distcheck" runs successfully.
Can we please move "Update libtool versioning" to before the release
candidate stage? It would be really helpful for distros to start
packaging release candidates with the correct library sonames and API
version strings that the final release will use.

Thanks,

-- mike

I don't think this would be a problem, but it's not my area of expertise.  In any case, if this is okay and something that we want to move up the list for every release then the checklist can be edited in Mercurial at etc/RELEASE.CHECKLIST.

--Rik

Re: "Update libtool versioning" task

Mike Miller-4
On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 07:43:00 -0800, Rik wrote:
> I don't think this would be a problem, but it's not my area of expertise.
> In any case, if this is okay and something that we want to move up the list
> for every release then the checklist can be edited in Mercurial at
> etc/RELEASE.CHECKLIST.

Ok, I've done that and applied the same changes to the wiki.