Re: segfaults building documentation

Andreas Weber-6
Hi Rik,

Am 19.05.20 um 19:56 schrieb Rik:
> I would love it if we could finally get to the bottom of this.  Even
> without the backtrace, if you have a reproducible segfault that helps.
>
> Could you test replacing "./run-octave" with
> "/path/to/installed/octave"?  I suspect that the issue is specific to
> run-octave and running from within the build directory and this would
> help make that clear.

Same if I use ./run-octave or ./src/octave or just octave (which leads
to /usr/local/bin/octave)

But I've been able to reduce it to the bare minimum:

parallel -N0 -q octave --norc --silent --no-history --eval 'figure (1,
"visible", "off");' ::: {1..100}

is sufficient to segfault approx. 15 times out of 100

-- Andy

Am 19.05.20 um 21:44 schrieb Rik:
> Forgive my ignorance, but "apt-cache search parallel" returned too many
> hits.  Do you know the name of the Debian/Ubuntu package that contains GNU
> parallel?

Just "parallel"

$ apt-cache policy parallel
parallel: