Read a csv file

guillaumem
Hello,

I hope I can ask my question here.

I just downloaded octave for a project and I have to read CSV files.

In octave to open my CSV I wrote,

mycsv = csvread('nameofthedocument.csv')

The csv document is in the same folder than my octave file and the error
message is :

mycsv = csvread('nameofthedocument.csv')
error: dlmread: unable to open file 'nameofthedocument.csv'
error: called from
    csvread at line 39 column 5

I don't really know where the problem come from and when I downloaded Octave
I had a message telling me that octave couldn't find the Java Runtime
Environment is it linked?

Thank you for your help

Guillaume

Re: Read a csv file

Pantxo
guillaumem wrote

> mycsv = csvread('nameofthedocument.csv')
>
> The csv document is in the same folder than my octave file and the error
> message is :
>
> mycsv = csvread('nameofthedocument.csv')
> error: dlmread: unable to open file 'nameofthedocument.csv'
> error: called from
>     csvread at line 39 column 5
>
> --
> Sent from:
> https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-General-f1599825.html

Hi,

What is your "octave file"? AFAICS you ran the command from the prompt,
otherwise the line of the script where the error occured would appear in the
error call stack. If not then what does "pwd" return for your current
working directory?

Pantxo