Reading unknown file format

Chec
Hi experts,

I am new to octave. I have tried to read a file of unknown file format
(windows).
I would like to read it into octave and save it as text/ascii file so that I
can read and explore text in it. Lets say, that's what you normally do in a
export to text function.

It would be great if there is already kind of generic reader for unknown
file formats?
Thanx for any hint.

Re: Reading unknown file format

Andreas Weber-6
Am 05.04.19 um 09:57 schrieb Chec:
> I am new to octave. I have tried to read a file of unknown file format
> (windows).
> I would like to read it into octave and save it as text/ascii file so that I
> can read and explore text in it. Lets say, that's what you normally do in a
> export to text function.
>
> It would be great if there is already kind of generic reader for unknown
> file formats?

fopen, fread, fclose

but normally this is the task of some hexviewer, I'sure there exist some
for windoze.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_hex_editors

-- Andy