Recommendation on contributing to Octave

Recommendation on contributing to Octave

AMR_KELEG
Dear Mr. John,
I am having my midterm exams during this week , so i am not able to currently make a progress regarding the
"Implement boolean operations on polygons"  project.
I would like to know what is the best task that is should work on during the upcoming weeks?

Regards,
Amr Mohamed

Re: Recommendation on contributing to Octave

John Swensen-3

On Apr 6, 2016, at 11:37 AM, amr mohamed <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear Mr. John,
I am having my midterm exams during this week , so i am not able to currently make a progress regarding the
"Implement boolean operations on polygons"  project.
I would like to know what is the best task that is should work on during the upcoming weeks?

Regards,
Amr Mohamed

I would recommend taking that partial implementation you already showed us for ispolycw using Boost and really polish it up:

1) Add the missing input parameter checks
2) Add a really good DOCSTRING (http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/v4.0.1/Documentation-Tips.html) so that when someone types “help ispolycw” in the command window that it helps them know how to use it. Make sure not to copy the Matlab documentation (probably don’t even look at it while you type your documentation).
3) Try to modify the OctaveForge Geometry package to include your ispolycw function during compilation and make a changeset. This would have you ready for the procedural steps each time a new function is implemented to get incorporated into the Geometry package.

John S.