Recording

Benjamin Goykadosh
To whom it may concern,

I was trying to record a simulation that I was running and I am trying to record it so I could view it as a straight video. However, the only type or recording is a audio file. Is there any way to make a graph simulation into a video file on Octave?
Thank you very much,

Benjamin Goykadosh

Re: Recording

mismichael
Hi,
Only thing that I have used is to place each of the frames in the separate
*.jpg file and then join them with use of GIMP (external command) into a
*.gif animation.

Re: Recording

Pantxo
Benjamin Goykadosh wrote

> To whom it may concern,
>
> I was trying to record a simulation that I was running and I am trying to
> record it so I could view it as a straight video. However, the only type
> or
> recording is a audio file. Is there any way to make a graph simulation
> into
> a video file on Octave?
> Thank you very much,
>
> Benjamin Goykadosh

Hi,

Depending on the OS you are running, you may get the Video package [1] to
work and produce avi files directly from Octave.

In case it's enough for you to be able to play the video in Octave, then you
can use "getframe" to collect a bunch of video frames and replay them using
the "movie" function. (see "demo movie").

Pantxo

[1]  https://octave.sourceforge.io/video/index.html