Reg: Editing the Octave documentation manual.

Reg: Editing the Octave documentation manual.

PRUBHTEJ SINGH
Greetings,
I wanted to edit some of the points in the Octave documentation manual, but I'm unable to find an edit option just like the wiki has.Can you please guide me on how to edit the documentation?
Regards
Prubhtej Singh

Re: Reg: Editing the Octave documentation manual.

siko1056
On 5/3/20 1:32 AM, PRUBHTEJ SINGH wrote:
> Greetings,
> I wanted to edit some of the points in the Octave documentation manual,
> but I'm unable to find an edit option just like the wiki has.Can you
> please guide me on how to edit the documentation?
> Regards
> Prubhtej Singh

Quoting [1]:

   The documentation [...] is [...] strongly interleaved in the
   Octave build process, i.e., it is necessary to build Octave
   from source to generate [it ...].

Thus if you want to make changes, you have to build Octave from source
[2] and changes have to be submitted like code changes [3] to the patch
tracker.

HTH,
Kai

[1]
https://wiki.octave.org/Project_-_Documentation#Octave.27s_interpreter_documentation
[2] https://wiki.octave.org/Building
[3] https://wiki.octave.org/Mercurial#Submitting_patches

Re: Reg: Editing the Octave documentation manual.

PRUBHTEJ SINGH

Greetings
Thanks, I'll check them out.
Regards