Reg: GSoD documentation

PRUBHTEJ SINGH
Greetings,
I have successfully extracted the documentation for Octave using the command "make doxyhtml" .
I am attaching a screenshot of the same .
I need some help regarding the following points:
1.Edit the documentation
2.Create a pull request for the changes in documentation.

Hoping to hear from you soon
Regards
Prubhtej Singh

Screenshot 2020-05-07 at 7.10.35 PM.png (537K) Download Attachment

Re: Reg: GSoD documentation

siko1056
On 5/7/20 11:55 PM, PRUBHTEJ SINGH wrote:

> Greetings,
> I have successfully extracted the documentation for Octave using the
> command "make doxyhtml" .
> I am attaching a screenshot of the same .
> I need some help regarding the following points:
> 1.Edit the documentation
> 2.Create a pull request for the changes in documentation.
>
> Hoping to hear from you soon
> Regards
> Prubhtej Singh

Dear Prubhtej Singh,

Please be more precise about what you are going to do.

Regarding 1. "documentation" is not a uniquely defined term in case of
Octave.  Do you intend to work on the internal Doxygen documentation or
do you want to work on the interpreter (user) documentation [1] as well?

Regarding 2., as explained before [2], see [3].

HTH,
Kai

[1] https://wiki.octave.org/Project_-_Documentation
[2]
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/octave-maintainers/2020-05/msg00009.html
[3] https://wiki.octave.org/Mercurial#Submitting_patches

Re: Reg: GSoD documentation

siko1056
On 5/8/20 12:48 AM, PRUBHTEJ SINGH wrote:

> On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 9:08 PM Kai Torben Ohlhus <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     On 5/7/20 11:55 PM, PRUBHTEJ SINGH wrote:
>     > Greetings,
>     > I have successfully extracted the documentation for Octave using the
>     > command "make doxyhtml" .
>     > I am attaching a screenshot of the same .
>     > I need some help regarding the following points:
>     > 1.Edit the documentation
>     > 2.Create a pull request for the changes in documentation.
>     >
>     > Hoping to hear from you soon
>     > Regards
>     > Prubhtej Singh
>
>     Dear Prubhtej Singh,
>
>     Please be more precise about what you are going to do.
>
>     Regarding 1. "documentation" is not a uniquely defined term in case of
>     Octave.  Do you intend to work on the internal Doxygen documentation or
>     do you want to work on the interpreter (user) documentation [1] as well?
>
>     Regarding 2., as explained before [2], see [3].
>
>     HTH,
>     Kai
>
>     [1] https://wiki.octave.org/Project_-_Documentation
>     [2]
>     https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/octave-maintainers/2020-05/msg00009.html
>     [3] https://wiki.octave.org/Mercurial#Submitting_patches
>
> Greetings
> As I have observed some irregularities in the internal Doxygen
> documentation, henceforth I would like to work on this initially.
> Once I have understood all the technicalities, then I will move on to
> user documentation and try to work on it as far as the time permits .
> Regards
> Prubhtej Singh

Dear Prubhtej Singh,

I really appreciate your interest for this project.  On the other hand,
since a few weeks you do not follow the conventions on this mailing-list:

Please keep the mailing list in the CC, so others may benefit from our
conversation as well and answer at the bottom of the email
(bottom-posting [1]) to facilitate our conversation.

Manually fixing the order (like in this email) is tedious, unnecessary
work for me.  I'll not answer your next email you post on top or leave
out the CC ;-)

Kai

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Bottom-posting