Regarding Contribution to open source in GSOC 2015
I (Jatin Lalwani) am a student at BITS-Pilani,Hyderabad Campus, currently in my 2nd year pursuing MSc(Hons.) Maths with B.E(Hons.) Electronics and Communication. I want to contribute to the open source community. I read about the organisation and I am listing my skill set below.
I would really appreciate if you could guide me about what can I do next to contribute.
1) I have a decent PROGRAMMING EXPERIENCE in C++ and C , and its been over a year now. I can use common functions of the STL library and keep on learning on a daily basis.
2)I am regularly learning two courses on line on Coursera by Stanford University
- Design and Analysis of Algorithm (Almost completed just final exams left)
- Machine learning by Andrew NG (completed more than half)
I am comfortable with using OCTAVE as we have to submit all assignments in Machine learning course using octave. I find the course very interesting and would be thrilled if I get to work/contribute something in this.
3) I have completed some relevant courses in my institute as well which I am listing below
- C programming
-Linear algebra and complex variables.
-algebra-1(group theory and ring theory)
-Elementary real analysis
following courses are going on this semester
-Discrete mathematical structures
-measures and integration
4) I have a basic understanding of Data structures and algorithms as well and have applied them in coding competitions.