Request for figure generation in Matlab

Pantxo
Hi,

In order to compare graphics rendering and printing between Matlab and
Octave, can someone share the png files (430+) that are generated by the
attached script ran in a recent version of Matlab.

For faster rendering, you can use invisible figures, e.g.:

set (groot, "defaultfigurevisible", "off");

d = "ML2019";

mkdir (d);

orig = cd (d);

dump_plot_demos ();

cd (orig);

zip ([d ".zip"], d)

set (groot, "defaultfigurevisible", "remove");

Thanks in advance,

Pantxo

dump_plot_demos.m (377K) Download Attachment

Re: Request for figure generation in Matlab

nrjank
On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 5:31 PM Pantxo Diribarne <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

In order to compare graphics rendering and printing between Matlab and
Octave, can someone share the png files (430+) that are generated by the
attached script ran in a recent version of Matlab.

(1) your script tries to run dump_plot_demos.m from ML2019, and that m file isn't located there.

>> pwd
ans =

    'C:\Users\nicholas.jankowski\Desktop\temp'

>> dir
.                  ..                 dump_plot_demos.m

>> set (groot, "defaultfigurevisible", "off");
>> d = "ML2019";
>> mkdir (d);
>> orig = cd (d);
>> pwd
ans =
    'C:\Users\nicholas.jankowski\Desktop\temp\ML2019'

>> dir
.   ..

>> dump_plot_demos ();
'dump_plot_demos' is not found in the current folder or on the MATLAB path, but exists in:
    C:\Users\nicholas.jankowski\Desktop\temp

Change the MATLAB current folder or add its folder to the MATLAB path.

(2) trying to run dump_plot_demos.m from the folder it is located in results in:

>> dump_plot_demos();
Error: File: dump_plot_demos.m Line: 1 Column: 1
The input was too complicated or too big for MATLAB to parse.

Re: Request for figure generation in Matlab

Pantxo

Thanks for testing.

Le lun. 6 janv. 2020 à 03:50, Nicholas Jankowski <[hidden email]> a écrit :
(1) your script tries to run dump_plot_demos.m from ML2019, and that m file isn't located there.

Yes, sorry, I should have added "addpath ("where/the/script/is")".

(2) trying to run dump_plot_demos.m from the folder it is located in results in:

>> dump_plot_demos();
Error: File: dump_plot_demos.m Line: 1 Column: 1
The input was too complicated or too big for MATLAB to parse.

Can you determine, by opening the script in ML and stepping through it, what is going wrong? I verified on another machine than the original one, that Octave 5.1 is able to parse and run this script.

Pantxo

Re: Request for figure generation in Matlab

Andreas Weber-6
Am 06.01.20 um 03:49 schrieb Nicholas Jankowski:
>>> dump_plot_demos();
> Error: File: dump_plot_demos.m Line: 1 Column: 1
> The input was too complicated or too big for MATLAB to parse.

Ah yes, we had this previously and had to split the script in 2 or 3 parts.

@Nicholas: Can you please split dump_plot_demos.m in the half, reanme
them dump1.m and dump2.m and run them?

Thanks, Andy

Ah and rename diary.log after the first run so it isn't overwritten.

Re: Request for figure generation in Matlab

nrjank
ok, split it and ran attached scripts on 2019a.  error only the zip command.

Error using parseArchiveInputs (line 43)
File name ZIP must be a character vector or string scalar.

Error in zip (line 50)
   parseArchiveInputs(mfilename, zipFilename,  files, varargin{:});

works after changing both d and the .zip strings to single quotes.  interesting.

Anyway, it's a 17MB zip of the figures folder.  do you want that emailed or ...?

figtestscripts.zip (60K) Download Attachment

Le lun. 6 janv. 2020 à 18:38, Nicholas Jankowski <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Anyway, it's a 17MB zip of the figures folder.  do you want that emailed or ...?

Thanks, can you try to share it through e.g.

.. or Dropbox or any other such big file sharing service.

Pantxo