Requesting Help with

Basu, Debashis

Hello,

I am trying to use OCTAVE 5.1.0 for plotting a excel file data.

I have installed io-2.4.12.tar.gz

Loaded io.

When I am trying to run the attached .m file (med423devc.m) I get the following error message shown in yellow.

Detected XLS interfaces: COM*; error: 'chk_jar_entries' undefined near line 38 column 24

error: called from

    __POI_chk_sprt__ at line 38 column 22

    getxlsinterfaces at line 144 column 26

    xlsopen at line 262 column 17

    xlsread at line 233 column 11

    med423devc at line 1 column 9

I am also attaching the screenshot.

Please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Debashis Basu

>> pkg install io-2.4.12.tar.gz

warning: (Automatic loading of spreadsheet I/O Java classlibs failed)

For information about changes from previous versions of the io package, run 'news io'.

>> pkg load io

warning: (Automatic loading of spreadsheet I/O Java classlibs failed)

>> pkg load io

>> pkg load windows

>> med423devc

Detected XLS interfaces: COM*; error: 'chk_jar_entries' undefined near line 38 column 24

error: called from

    __POI_chk_sprt__ at line 38 column 22

    getxlsinterfaces at line 144 column 26

    xlsopen at line 262 column 17

    xlsread at line 233 column 11

    med423devc at line 1 column 9

med423devc.m (994 bytes) Download Attachment
screenshot.bmp (2M) Download Attachment

Re: Requesting Help with

EAlvarez
This post was updated on .
I think you should have Java installed for the IO interface. Try getting java
first or let octave search for the interface itself like this example from
the xlsread documentation.

 numarr = xlsread ('Sales2010.xls', 4, [], {'JXL', 'COM'});

maybe it works. I cannot reproduce your example with the code on that .m
file.

best regards

Elias