Robotic toolbox for octave

zarimax1620
Hi all,
I'm massimo and I'm a rookie user of octave. I would like to know if it's
possible to install a kind of robotic toolbox on octave as peter corke's
toolbox for matlab. Thank you

Re: Robotic toolbox for octave

nrjank
On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 10:08 AM zarimax1620 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm massimo and I'm a rookie user of octave. I would like to know if it's
> possible to install a kind of robotic toolbox on octave as peter corke's
> toolbox for matlab. Thank you

Have you tried using his toolbox directly?  The install methods include just cloning the github project and adding it to Matlab's path, I suspect that would work for Octave as well.  (see addpath).   Then the question is how much of it is compatible. According to the FAQ:

"
Will the toolboxes work with Octave?

A subset of the RTB will work with Octave, specifically those functions that deal with arm-type robots. To enable this functionality go into the folder rvctools/Octave and follow the instructions in the README.txt file.

There are a lot of minor differences between MATLAB and Octave, though less than there used to be. The big stumbling block right now is that Octave handles classes in a very different way (actually the way that MATLAB used to). The Octave folk are working on adding MATLAB-style classes but it's not there yet. Once that happens I suspect a broader port of RTB and MVTB will be possible.
"

So I'd recommend giving it a try.

Re: Robotic toolbox for octave

Juan Pablo Carbajal-2
Since the introduction of classdef the toolbox works more or less out
of the box. there were issues with some plotting functions as of
octave 4.8, but the calculator functions were all working. At some
point there were functions using tables and that broke even more
compatibility. But as far as I remember they went back with that
decision.
Also, old versions of the package (before classdef, i.e. by the time
of the "Robotics, vision and control" book) work alright.

Re: Robotic toolbox for octave

zarimax1620
Thank you Nic,
but since I'm very inexperienced, can you please provide me a step-by-step
procedure to implement what you said? since the beginnning: the github
project is already in the installed OCTAVE directory or is something i have
to download from internet?