SOM Toolbox import into GNU Octave

IamDanieL
Hello to all,

I am currently tying to import and implenent the SOM Toolbox for Matlab into Octave.
Concerning this topic there was an active thread in the forum, that was updated a long time ago.
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Help-in-porting-a-toolbox-td4630136.html

The OP that was searching for help unfortunately did not tell if he/she was able to perform the toolbox in octave.
Therefore it would be nice to know if anybody was able to do so??

P.S. I am working with Windows 7

Regards
Daniel

Re: SOM Toolbox import into GNU Octave

Juan Pablo Carbajal-2
On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 11:31 AM, IamDanieL <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello to all,
>
> I am currently tying to import and implenent the SOM Toolbox for Matlab into
> Octave.
> Concerning this topic there was an active thread in the forum, that was
> updated a long time ago.
> http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Help-in-porting-a-toolbox-td4630136.html
> <http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Help-in-porting-a-toolbox-td4630136.html>
>
> The OP that was searching for help unfortunately did not tell if he/she was
> able to perform the toolbox in octave.
> Therefore it would be nice to know if anybody was able to do so??
>
> P.S. I am working with Windows 7
>
> Regards
> Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Did you try the toolbox on a recent version of Octave?

Re: SOM Toolbox import into GNU Octave

IamDanieL
This post was updated on .
Hi Juan,

nice hearing from you.

I run Octave with the version 3.6.4. As I am unfortunately using Windows it seems as if there arent other testet versions of 3.8.X out there yet. At least if you have a look at the following "forge-link".

http://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20Windows%20binaries
Would be nice to get proven wrong

Regards
Daniel

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 6:04 PM, IamDanieL <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Juan,
>
> nice hearing from you.
>
> I run Octave with the version 3.6.4. As I am unfortunately using Windows it
> seems as if there arent other testet versions of 3.8.X out there yet. At
> least if you have a look at the following "forge-link".
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave Windows binaries/
> <http://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave Windows binaries/>
>
> Would be nice to get proven wrong
>
> Regards
> Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I am a complete strange to the Windows world, I am sorry.
Can't you just run Linux on a virtual box or using a live USB?
I have created a .iso file that includes octave 3.8.1, but the default
language is spanish (it also has english but not default). Wanna try
that?

Otherwise, did you tried SOM package on that Octave for windows installation?